Do the souls and demons in hell praise God?

The souls and angels in heaven praise God, but do the souls and demons in hell also praise God?

why should they?

I don’t think they do. They may confess Him as Lord, but only in the sense that a conquered foe admits defeat.

The Bible says that every knee will bow and every tongue confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ. It does not however say that these things will necessarily happen with great joy. In fact Psalm 110 says that the rebellious nations will be broken with a rod of iron. Jesus says that Hell will be a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but if you look at other times when such description are given, like the stoning of St. Stephen for example, this gnashing of teeth is not necessarily one of repentance but of hate. I have heard some suggest that far from sorrow for their sins, the souls of the proud idolators in Hell who lived in open rebellion against God will go on with increasing venom in tat hatred for all eternity.

BTW, I don’t know if that is right. I’ve had some Hell here on earth but I’ve been to the real thing and don’t want to either.

That’s correct. They have no sorrow and they curse God.

Only in the sense that their punishment shows the triumph of His Righteousness over their rebellion against Him & their hatred of Him.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.