Do touch-relic sacramentals need to be blessed?

If I have a sacramental, would touching it to a first or second class relic (thus making it a third class relic) be good enough for it to be blessed? Or do I really need to get them blessed?

I'm asking because I'm making a lot of prayer rope bracelets for myself and I'm too shy to ask a priest for a blessing all the time. I have a second class Holy Face relic I can touch them to. Will that do?

I touched my wedding ring to a relic of St. Josemaria Escriva. I was told it makes my ring a third class relic. I am no expert, but I certainly hope it's true.

[quote="PazzoGrande, post:1, topic:293970"]
If I have a sacramental, would touching it to a first or second class relic (thus making it a third class relic) be good enough for it to be blessed? Or do I really need to get them blessed?

I'm asking because I'm making a lot of prayer rope bracelets for myself and I'm too shy to ask a priest for a blessing all the time. I have a second class Holy Face relic I can touch them to. Will that do?

[/quote]

It's not actually a sacramental till it's blessed, and if you only touch it to the relic it will just be a relic sacramental, not the sacramental it's intended to be. For instance, I can touch my St. Dymphna medal to a relic of hers and make it into one, but unless I get it blessed by a priest it won't function as a silent prayer which is what kind of sacramental it technically is.

It is true. Anything touched to a first class relic becomes a third class relic. So, you are wearing a third class relic :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.