Do we ask for things in Divine Mercy Chaplet?

When praying the divine mercy chaplet, do you ask the Lord for something, do you ask for before praying the divine mercy or after?

Before, during, after. . . it’s all good! :wink:

St. Faustina asked for the storm to stop. Jesus granted her that; therefore, I ask for just about anything. :slight_smile:

I ask for mercy :slight_smile:

Thank you! This just answered my second question in my post above. God Bless!
Jacob :signofcross:

I ask for things, yes. That is one of the points of the chaplet: to invoke the Divine Mercy.

The other points are to the trust in God and imitate His Mercy.

Here are Our Lord’s words to St. Faustina:

1731 Today I was awakened by a great storm. The wind was raging, and it was raining in torrents, thunderbolts striking again and again. I began to pray that the storm would do no harm, when I heard the words: Say the chaplet I have taught you, and the storm will cease. I began immediately to say the chaplet and hadn’t even finished it when the storm suddenly ceased, and I heard the words: Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will.

It would seem that it may be offered for personal intentions, but it is known to be particularly effective for dying souls and those in purgatory.

Is it okay to ask for things more than once?
Does it offend God?
if we repeat ourselves in asking for something? For ex on Monday when I pray the divine mercy I ask for something and Friday I pray for it again.

Dear friend,

No it doesn’t offend God to repeat our petition. The gospels encourage us to do so. My goodness, I say the chaplet sometimes several times a day for the same person whom I had thought might be in purgatory. There is a burden in one’s spirit that persists in praying until the end is achieved. You will know the desired intention is met when God grants a peace about it and the burden lifts so that you no longer feel the urgency to pray for that intention any longer.

However, there will always be someone or something new to pray about.

Thank u Joysong that is wonderful!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.