Do we believe that we become gods the way Mormons do?

I recently heard an argument about Mormons beliefs of becoming gods. Because it is no different to the Catholic teaching in the Catechism of the same. The argument went on to reference the Catholic Catechism at 460 and described : “460 The Word became flesh to make us “partakers of the divine nature”:78 “For this is why the Word became man, and the Son of God became the Son of man: so that man, by entering into communion with the Word and thus receiving divine sonship, might become a son of God.”79 “For the Son of God became man so that we might become God.”80 “The only–begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods.”81 (1265, 1391, 1988)” Can you please help me understand this further. I’m at a loss to suggest we believe like Mormons do.

The following links should help answer your questions. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

**Recommended Reading:
[thread=155653]We Become God?[/thread]
[thread=31983]Divinization?[/thread]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.