Do we Catholics not study the Bible?

Hi, recently my sister in law, a fallen away Catholic, questioned my wife about her not studying the Bible as she does evidently at her “Christian” church. It made me think that I do not usually read the Bible, which I do during the 17-20 Masses I attend each month, but other than that, I am usually reading books such as “Behold Your Mother” or 'The Drama of Salvation". I say about 20 rosaries a month, make sure I go to confession every month, and try to do some charitable deeds frequently, but her bringing up I do not have my nose in the Bible frequently makes me feel defensive. I try to live by what is in the Bible, whereas I think she does not live up to what the Bible instructs us to do with the sacraments, etc. What do you think?

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Born Again - The Bible Way
*]Why Catholicism Is Preferable to Protestantism
*]Why doesn’t the Catholic Church emphasize reading the Bible?
*]How to Read and Interpret the Bible
*]The Protestant Achilles’ Heel
*]A Biblical Walk Through The Mass (Book)
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.