Do We Find God or Does He Find Us?

Do We Find God or Does He Find Us?

I have always liked what John Paul II said, “Let God find you.”

jbesett

He always knows where we are. It is we who forget.
May you never forget.
God grant that you always and only live in Him.

I just want to mention that I think we need to be receptive (have an open heart) to receive His graces …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Sacred :bible1: Scripture teaches that it’s a . . . **cooperative effort **. . . between God and man . . . and not an either-God/or-man reality . . . with our omniscient *(all knowing) omnipotent *(all powerful) ** . . . God . . . always in control . . . but also with our **Lord **always respecting the holy gift of free will which **He **has imparted to man . . .

God’s part in the cooperative effort . . .

Jesus speaking:
"No man can come to me, except the Father, who hath sent me, draw him: and *I will raise him up in the last day." *** John 6:44

“**Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.” John 14:6

**Man’s part in the cooperative effort . . . **

“You shall seek me, and find me, when you shall seek me with all your heart :heart:.” Jeremiah 29:13

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . thank you Holy Mother Church
for Sacred :bible1: Scripture
+[/RIGHT]

It is a cooperative effort. In finding God we rediscover ourselves, and we accept him into our lives, as he accepts us always in his life.

Thank you for this.

God is always with us. He has never left our side. He never abandons His children. Sometimes in our lives, we become so engrosse in our daily living that we often forget that there is our God guiding us through it all. It’s not just a matter of finding Him or Him finding us. I think most of all it is about knowing and remembering God everyday in whatever we do and wherever we may be or whatever circumstances we have in our lives. God should always be in our hearts.
Praying for all of you.

In addition to, “Let God Find You”, I think it might be best to just shut up from time to time, be quiet, stop searching, clear the mind of the daily woes, conflicts and pain, and just listen, so that you may hear Him, He has always been there.

jbesett

We find God and he finds us, as I understand things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.