Do we have to confess sins to be forgiven?

How can this --> escapetoreality.org/2011/01/14/12-reasons-why-christians-don%E2%80%99t-need-to-confess-to-be-forgiven/ be justified? The article I posted here basically to me seems like we as Christians can go through life not having to worry about what we do because we are “assured” of our salvation. I know as a Catholic this isn’t true and we are instructed from Christ to confess our sins to a priest…I’m dating an amazing girl who is a non-denominational Christian and we’ve been having quite a few lengthy discussions. However I’m falling flat on many issues :shrug: and I could use some theological and biblical support. Thanks!

These links should be helpful for understanding and explaining Confession. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Confession by the Early Church Fathers
*]Forgiveness of Sins
*]Is Confession not necessary?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.