Do we really worship Mary?

I understand that the commandments teach that we shall only worship God. I love the Catholic faith in that it honors those in heaven such as the Blessed Mother and the Saints. I understand that the Blessed Mother prays for us and intercedes for us by the grace of God. Also, I love paying the rosary.

I have never heard a Catholic say that they worship the Blessed Mother and I was taught that would be against the Catholic teachings. Then I was reading a Catholic book and I noticed that it said the Rosary is “all the worship that is due to Mary” and even goes so far as to quote a Pope in that regards but does not provide a reference and I was unable to find one online.

What can we do if we read something that is a Catholic book and is contradictory to the faith?

Blessings!

The following links should assist you in better understanding Catholics’ relationship with Mary. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Is it appropriate to worship Mary?

How do we Catholics explain that we don’t worship Mary?
Is Mary worshipped in the Philippines?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.