Do you attend the Anglican Ordinariate?

I knew Anglican priests had a pathway to become Roman Catholic priests, however last night I listened to a talk about how beautiful and reverent their Liturgy is.
I am wondering if anyone here attends or has attended their Mass? There are parishes across the US.
watching a video begs the question…why are more parishes not adopting
this form?

1 Like

I’m a member of the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham (the U.K. sector). It is a beautiful liturgy and for those, like me, who were brought up with the sacral language of the Prayer Book and the music of the Anglican tradition it’s a God send.
Only Ordinariate groups may use the Ordinariate Use so most parishes would not be allowed to use it as an option. The only time that may happen is if there were a sufficient number of Ordinariate members residing in a parish and asked the parish clergy if they would be willing to celebrate Mass according to the Ordinariate Use.

3 Likes

I have, and it is absolutely beautiful.

As for more parishes adopting it, the answer is simple: they can’t. Only the Ordinary Form is authorized for use in most parishes. Divine Worship is authorized only for parishes and churches within the Ordinariates, as a way of preserving Anglican heritage within the Catholic Church.

3 Likes

I’d like to. It’s basically an English version of the Tridentine Mass. There are two parishes in my state. Our Lady of the Atonement in San Antonio, and Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham in Houston. I guess there’s not as high a number of Anglican clergy coming home in the US as in the UK.

More information here for those in the USA: Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter.

I am a member of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter. Unfortunately the nearest OCSP Mass is a full day’s journey by car so I’ve yet to assist there.

We have a retreat center near us that uses the Anglican Ordinariate Mass. It is 100% Catholic and in communion with Rome. Agree that it is essentially the EF in English. Very beautiful.

Because the Mass of the ordinariates, whose liturgical books are collectively called Divine Worship, is only authorised by the Church for use within the ordinariates. It is considered to be a use of the Roman Rite. Parishes that are not part of an ordinariate may not use the Divine Worship Mass.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.