Do you believe this?

Jesus who is God in the Father and the Holy Spirit said in John 11:1-44
“Whoever lives and believes in me, will never die. Do you believe this?"

Our one and only connection to God is at first, our faith – our believe.
This connection then grows, the deeper our believe is, into a binding, a tearproof tie down onto God.

Not only Saints live that experience. There are Millions who undergo this epiphany day after day and still they pray LET ME LIVE IN YOU AND WITH YOU.
And it grows, and they will not die, but go on living right after leaving their body and see God and live together with God and finally now in this affiliation start to live in a higher, unearthly quality, unknown here.

Do you believe this?

There are extremely many things in that relatively small book called “New Testament”, many of us would know more about. The Church is very helpful in this case, as she is authorised by the founder of the Church – Jesus Christ, to teach us, whatever we want to know.
But also we are asked to pass on to our next, what we achieved and where given by God’s grace.
And we never should hesitate to ask if what so ever seems not quite as clear to us.

I for instance keep asking every week when I’m unsure; either friends who are deeper in believe than I, or theologians and priests.

Let’s do so here too, and in all situations of our life, so we meet even more people who lived in God here, again in heaven then, when we enter Gods kingdom.

**DO YOU BELIEVE THAT
Is a question, Jesus asks us over and over again, for it’s the key-question to heaven and to eternal life.

In this case, Jesus asks Marta in a house of mourning.
Not only when some beloved died, we are in a state of mourning, as we too easily loose faith and confidence in God.
Too soon we give up and let us flow in desperateness. Just as so if we never had heard Gods Good News of eternal life in His kingdom, as Jesus so often repeated like in Johannes 14,2:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. In My Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Don’t we believe that?
If we did, we simply can’t be sad and bad tempered and declinatory towards others.

Yes, it is quite a problem to ask someone who finds himself in a desperate and sad situation „do you believe that?“
But we have to ask ourselves in such situations: “DO I REALLY BELIEVE THAT?!”
So many in “hopeless” situations are asked by Jesus Christ: “DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?

It is Jesus Christ, it is God, who did give us not just a vague hope, but the very truth, that we will live in outmost joy in His eternal Kingdome.

Yes, of course many would say: Its now that I want to live. Not in all eternity.
OK; but what are we told?
Jesus told us; I am the resurrection, the way and the life. Your life. Who believes in Me, will live. Not only after his death, but now. Today. For I, Jesus said, I am with you every day, until you will be with Me, in My Fathers house.

So, let’s joyfully answer Jesus question DU YOU BELIEVE THIS, with a firm and loud YES. It’s only then, that we REALLY live and not just kind of are. For who does believe this Jesus told us, will live, now and even after he died (Joh 11,25). That’s how it is, the truth. Do believe it. It pays here and after we we die, for then our real life begins! So, let’s be joyful - we’ve got all reason for it!
Happy new year in Jesus Christ 2009 :thumbsup:

Certainly! This life is short and full of misery. Eternity lasts forever, whether you believe or not. We have been given a clear choice in the matter. The Lord is not a dictator, but rather a loving God. He has told us through the prophets just what our future can be. When we failed to listen to them, he sent His Son, that we might believe (Mark 12:6).

Many did not like the Son’s message and left him, returning to their former lives, which had no hope of an eternity in joy (John 6:66). His Son founded a Church for us, to lead us into all truth - after we deny ourselves, take up our cross daily, and only then begin to follow Him (Luke 9:23). How many times do we reverse this procedure?

Many are those who do not like parts of the message of the Church He founded, and have sought an easier path. Many are those who have established a simplified one-on-one relationship with Christ, to the detriment and exclusion of His Church. But, Jesus told us plainly: “Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Matthew 7:22-23)

So, we are to deny ourselves, submit to Him and the Church He founded for us. The performing of miracles will not guarantee Heaven. Prophesying will not guarantee Heaven. Driving out demons will not guarantee Heaven. All of these things, done in His Name, but without submission to Him, will not guarantee Heaven.

He has revealed the Way. And, His promises are trustworthy. “This is my Son, My Beloved. Listen to Him.” (Mark 9:7)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.