Do you ever pray for people when they pop into your head?

Do you ever pray for people when they pop into your head? Especially if they are deceased?

3 Likes

Greetings in Jesus,
Yes, but not always. Sometimes I want to but I forget or don’t have enough time in the day.
God bless and Mary keep you.
Have a happy and blessed Christmas.

1 Like

Many times. I think the Holy Spirit brings them to mind so I pray for them.

2 Likes

I use an app that tells you when novenas start, and I often offer up an entire novena for whatever (or whoever) comes to my mind immediately before beginning.

2 Likes

Yes, I try to and even if they are not deceased. It is not an accident when for no reason they “pop” into our head. We all need friends who take time, even if it us for a minute, to pray for us. :innocent:

2 Likes

Yes most of the time. I am sure God popped them into my head for me to pray for them. I find if I don’t pray for them immediately then as much as I don’t want too, I tend to forget, so it’s best done as soon as it comes to mind.

1 Like

All the time!

1 Like

This is primarily how I pray the Divine Mercy. God brings people to mind throughout the chaplet, and I pray for them.

1 Like

Trying to do that more.

1 Like

A chid from my childhood who committed suicide every now and then pops into my head, do you think he may be in Purgatory and needs prayers? I don’t remember his name but surely that isn’t important?

1 Like

Short answer: Yes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.