Do you ever wonder about St Faustina?

It makes me wonder if Christ calls everyone 3 times to accept Him what is the point of trying to lead a good life?..Just do what you please and wait till you die and when Christ calls to you, accept Him

It doesn’t make any sense to me at all…Can someone explain this to me?

God called some people in the Old Testament more than once, so why not St. Faustina? Sometimes He calls us more than once until we listen.

Just do what you please and wait till you die and when Christ calls to you, accept Him

It doesn’t make any sense to me at all…Can someone explain this to me?

That sounds a but like Sola Fide. :tsktsk:

The best I can think of is the parable of the lost sheep. The 99 sheep that the sheperd has are safe, so there’s no need to call them, but there’s a need to call the lost sheep. But, there’s also a 2nd type of calling, and that’s to call us to a vocation.

Hi Redrosetea-
I was wondering if you could explain more of what you are talking about- I’m not that familiar with St. Faustina. Is what you are asking about in her Diary? If so , can you give chapter, page number?

I don’t know that much about her…What I do know is she said Christ calls to each soul 3 times as they are dying to follow him, and they can be saved if they accept Him

It makes me wonder if it that easy to get to heaven why we have 10 commandments???

Ah, I guess I haven’t gotten to that part in her diary. :slight_smile: There’s so much to read!

Now, if you purposely wait until you die, then that’s putting the Lord to the test, which you don’t want to do.

I haven’t read it but I have listened to what people on EWTN have said about her…It all sounds too easy to me…She is a saint that doesn’t make any sense to me at all…who is going to turn down a sure thing?..Christ said we are to enter by the narrow gate

It is entirely possible that a soul in misery or anger or steeped in selfishness or any other sin to which we are subject might well turn Him down.

1.Saints aren’t infallible in their teachings.

2.Much of what Faustina wrote has a history of being suppressed by the Church (for good reason).

3.The Divine Mercy is approved only insofar as it does not contradict any existing dogmas of the Church. I.E., it must interpreted in an orthodox fashion.

I understood that we are not required to accept the personal revelations of others. The issues about this saint have been put to rest, so why stir up controversy over the Divine Mercy?

"The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These men who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

"But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” (Matthew 20:9-16)

The point of trying to live a life pleasing to Him isn’t just about spending eternity in heaven. Our love for Him has a lot to do with how we act on earth.

Spend some time in front of a crucifix thinking about all that God has done for us. Contemplate how completely He loves us and pursues us, even as undeserving as we are. Think about your own love for Him. Does it makes sense that you can love Him and accept His love without wanting to be more pleasing to Him?

We try to be pleasing to Him because we love Him more than we love ourselves.

Luke yours makes the most sense to me…Luke is my favorite bible author because he is so clear

Well I’ve been working at it a lonnnng time!

The issues about this saint have been put to rest, so why stir up controversy over the Divine Mercy?

Because I too wonder about St. Faustina.

Do you ever wonder about St Faustina?

Yes, everyday about 3 pm. :yeah_me:

You know, I am a teacher and every day I look at the clock as I dismiss the children at 3:11 and realize that I have failed yet again to reverence Him at the hour of His dying. I shall have to do better.

Here we have 2 contradictory stories from “traditional” Saints:

St. Elizabeth, Queen of Hungary, with St. Matilda and St. Bridget, wishing to know something of the Passion of Jesus Christ, offered fervent and special prayers, upon which there appeared to them Our Lord Jesus Christ who spoke to them in the following manner:

…Be it known that the number of armed soldiers were 150; those who trailed me while I was bound were 23. The executioners of justice were 83; the blows received on my head were 150; those on my stomach, 108; I was beaten on the body 6666 times; beaten on the head, 110 times. I was roughly pushed, and at 12 o’clock was lifted up by the hair; pricked with thorns and pulled by the beard 23 times; received 20 wounds on the head; thorns of marine junks, 72; pricks of thorns in the head, 110; mortal thorns in the forehead, 3. I was afterwards flogged and dressed as a mocked king; wounds in the body, 1000. The soldiers who led me to the Calvary were 608; those who watched me were 3, and those who mocked me were 1008; the drops of blood which I lost were 28,430.

As St. Bridget for a long time wanted to know the number of blows Our Lord received during His Passion, He one day appeared to her and said: “I received 5480 blows on My Body. If you wish to honor them in some way, say 15 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Mary’s with the following Prayers (which He taught her) for a whole year. When the year is up, you will have honored each one of My Wounds.”

iipg.org/pieta.htm

Remember that the Saints may not give 100% accurate information from their visions. They are human too and could forget parts of or jumble the message.

JKirk,

I’d say that your vocation as a teacher supersedes the duty to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet at exactly 3 pm. Just wait until the kids are out, then find time to honor the hour Our Lord died.

The act of initial repentance and deciding to follow Christ might forgive sins, but does not change the past into a record of achievement.

Following Christ is a CONSTANT act–frequently course corrections are necessary (aka repentance).

Well, yes, but when I DO remember, I can at least, bow my head for a brief “For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have mecy on us and on the whole world.” Your post reminded me of that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.