Do you have a favorite qoute by your "work" desk?

These two are right in front of me.

"God does not inspire unrealizable desires."
Saint Therese of Lisieux

Pray that God would stamp eternity on my eyes.

Complants department ( arrow pointing to North Pole ) 10,000 miles.

:smiley: God bless
John

Although I have these quotes in front of my computer’s keyboard, sometimes they seem to be invisible to me in my daily life, but sometimes it is helpful. I hope somebody can use these:

Ten Rules of Life of Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyen_Van_Thuan

Ten Rules of Life of Cardinal Nguyen Van Thuan
I will live the present moment to the fullest.
I will discern between God and God’s works.
I will hold firmly to one secret: prayer.
I will see in the Holy Eucharist my only power.
I will have only one wisdom: the science of the Cross.
I will remain faithful to my mission in the Church and for the Church as a witness of Jesus Christ.
I will seek the peace the world cannot give.
I will carry out a revolution by renewal in the Holy Spirit.
I will speak one language and wear one uniform: Charity.
I will have one very special love: The Blessed Virgin Mary.

Prayer of Letting go:

Prayer of Letting Go
Lord,
That I may let go of grudges in order to forgive
That I may let go of past hurts so that I can be healed
That I may let go of judgments in order to accept
That I may let go of pity in order to be compassionate
That I may let go of greed in order to give to those in need
That I may let go of negativity in order to be positive
That I may let go of blame so that I can affirm
That I may let go of hate in order to love
hat I may let go of control in order to serve

I have two… a quote from Sacred Scripture… “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish but might have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

And also… a “reminder”…

“Life is short… but Eternity… is FOREVER”.

These two kind of balance one another.

Several, of them . . .

Take Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will – all that I have and call my own. You have given it all to me. To you, Lord, I return it. Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace. That is enough for me. – St. Ignatius Loyola (actually, I have this twice, in Latin and in English)

Everything is as it should be and in absolutely perfect order.

To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, Adoption, or even on one’s Mother’s side, is an introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Above.

Forgive your enemies; it messes with their minds. – Willie Nelson

:smiley:

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

-Irish blessing

Many people live their lives wating for the other shoe to drop.“Sure things are good now” they say, “but sooner or later the mask will come off reality and we’ll see how truly ugly everything really is”

Christ has good news for these people:the other shoe dropped 2,000 years ago on a hill called Calvary and the very worst that reality could do was done. God has already been killed. Its the worst thing that could happen and it’s happened already. Yet even the worst was powerless to stop God’s plan to bless us with all the riches that are in Jesus Christ. That is why there is no sorrow at Easter. Death has done its worst and has no more power. With the triumph of Christ all is life!

I also have a quote that is not visible to my clients when they come in:

Lack of prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

I also have a cartoon hanging up behind me showing a guy reading a new “management” book, with the caption that says, “Hmmm…This new management fad is crazy enough that it just might work!”

The title of the book is called “Just Do Your Frickin’ Job”

Fall down 7 times… stand up 8.

-Japanese Proverb.

and

You have to think anyway… might as well think big
-Donald Trump

“Immorality is un-American and a threat to national security.” – Fr. John Corapi

The Daily Offering to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O Jesus, through
the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you my prayers, works, joys,
and suffering of this day in union
with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world.
I offer them for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart:
the salvation of souls, reparation
for sins, the reunion of all Christians;
I offer them for the intentions
of our Bishops and of all Apostles
of Prayer and in particular for those
recommended by our Holy Father
this month.
Amen

I try to remember to pray this every day before I start my work day.

~Liza

I have a list of Mother Teresa’s rules to her sisters:

Speak as little as possible about yourself

Keep busy with your own affairs and not of others

Avoid Curiousity

Do not interfere with the affairs of others

Accept small iritations with good humor

Do not dwell on the faults of others

Accept censure even if unmerited

Give in to the will of otehrs

Accept insutls and injuries

Accept contempt being forgotten and disregarded

Be couteous and delicate even when provoked

Do not seek to be admired and loved

Do not protect yourself behind your own dignity

Give in, in discusions, even when right

Always choos the more difficult task.

I have about 4 that I marked that I think I need to work on.

I also have a cartoon with God walking away from two angels. the two angels are looking at a blue print for the universe and one says

" … And He says He wants it by Sunday ! "

[FONT=“Book Antiqua”]GOD put me on Earth
to accomplish a certain
number of things.

Right now I’m so far behind
I will never die.
[/FONT]
Betsy

I have the first part of Neibuhr’s *Serenity Prayer *done in (faux) stained glass on my window shelf in my office:
*God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. *

I also have a quote from baseball great Satchel Paige outside of my office: It’s not what you don’t know that hurts you. It’s what you know that just ain’t so.

Finally I have a magnetic sign on my file cabinet with the following: Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

:stuck_out_tongue: I loved this one - and read some REALLY funny and good sayings.

I don’t have any sayings on my computer work desk. Alot of papers, etc. But I do have a picture of Our Lady holding the Child Jesus and a souvenir image of St. Anthony I brought back from Padua years ago (it says “Padova”). I do have too many sayings to quote here.

But may I ask about the Morning Offering that was posted? I say it upon waking every day but I was taught to say it this way:

Oh, Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day, for all the intentions of Thy Most Sacred Heart; in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world; in reparation for all my sins, for the intentions of all my associates, for the reunion of Christendom and, in particular, for the special intentions of the Pope this month.

St. Gertrude the Great felt keenly for those whose burdens involved them in distracting duties, for example those responsible for meeting the debts of the monastery.

She prayed that they might have more time to pray and fewer distractions.

The Lord answered, “It does not matter to me whether you perform spiritual exercises or manual labour provided only that your will is directed to me with a right intention. If I took pleasure only in your spiritual exercises, I certainly should have reformed human nature after Adam’s fall so that it would not need food, clothing or the other things man must find or make with such effort.”

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
Ferris Bueller

Someone printed sticker of a collage of pictures of Starbuck from BSG who is drinking and smoking and it reads, “Battlestar Galactica: Television for Women.” Very tongue-in-cheek (so say we all).

I also have a bookmark of the Divine Mercy Chaplet that I read when I feel stressed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.