No, I’m not asking about Mass kits priests use to celebrate the Mass away from churches. I’m talking about personal Mass kits for the laity? I have my own Mass kit well honed at this point. It includes
- My Daily Roman Missal.
- A Pieta Prayer Book (or something similar.)
- A few rosaries and a komboskini. I like to gift rosaries to people (especially kids) on the spot.
- An Eastern Catholic handcross. A gift from a beloved late priest.
- A small bottle of water.
- A bag of Fisherman’s Friends cough drops (often for those around me.)
- Foam earplugs (use before Mass)
- An MP3 player and headphones (use in place of earplugs sometimes.)
- A beautiful Tallit.
- A battery powered fan. Never used it myself but I have loaned it to a number of people who looked like they were in misery.
This Mass kit has been of great service to me and to others! I wish it wouldn’t have taken me so long to develop it. In a sense, it has helped me to continue attending Mass…