Do you have any Catholic Statues in your house?

How many do you have. One? More than ten?? Which ones? Pic??

I thought to put this in “casual discussions” since it’s mostly just a fun thread, but here will work, too.

1 Like

Probably closer to ten, lol. What about you Jamal?

2 Likes

I have a large statue of Our Lady of Grace in my kitchen above the cabinets, several wood-carved statues in my living room, and St Raphael (holding a couple of fish) in the den. We have a few others scattered here and there around the house as well.

3 Likes

Oh dear, Only Divino Ninjo knows…

5 Likes

St. Raphael! An angel after my own heart. I wonder if he could spare one if it’s fairly fresh. Cooked isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Hmmm…at least ten, I would say.

If I were a collector, I should like to have small 3 inch or so figures of all the major saints. 100 maybe, idk. :smiley: It would be a mini-communion of Saints.

2 Likes

I have a beautiful statue of Our Blessed Lady that I was given for my First Confession or First Communion - can’t remember which. I have a large statue of Our Lady and the Christ Child that belonged to my great-grandparents. Then we have a small statue of Nossa Senhora Aparecida, Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Who Appeared, the patroness of Brazil. I lived in Brazil when I was 12 and have been to the Basilica of Aparecida.

2 Likes

I have two, Our Lady of Fatima and the Infant Jesus of Prague.

2 Likes

I have one twelve inch tall of Our Lady of Lourdes, from Lourdes!

3 Likes

One, Our Lady of Fatima sits on a bookshelf in the kitchen hall.

1 Like

Nice

I was given the Our Lady of Fatima statue as a gift from someone who went to Fatima on pilgrimage. Also given the Infant Jesus of Prague from someone who also went to Prague on holiday.

Also people like giving me angel statues for some reason. They probably think I need all the angelic help I need since I am alone. I say they’re right. So I have loads of angel statues as well.

3 Likes

Like St. Francis, I would kind of like to have a nativity set up all year round. At the moment, that’s not feasible though. I would like to keep the incarnation in my mind 365 days per year. :slight_smile:
!
This Nativity is from Immaculate Heart of Mary in Hays, KS…

!

2 Likes

Ha! I actually visited Hays KS once! Nicest people I have ever met.

1 Like

This area of Kansas is largely composed of Volga German Catholics who immigrated in the 19th and 20th centuries. Lots of catholic churches in the area.

The little town of Victoria nearby has only 1200 people but a special church that is well worth a visit for passers by if you’re on I-70…

http://www.kansastravel.org/cathedralofheplains.htm

1 Like

Yes! One of the really nice people there drove me there from Hays to see the Cathedral! Amazing to see it in the distance and drive closer to it, approaching it. My husband had a job interview and missed it, but it was wonderful.

1 Like

Depending on what you have room for, and especially if you have small children, you can get “kid-friendly” Nativity sets. Friends of ours have a VeggieTales one made of plastic that they keep for their grandchildren. My grandmother had a stuffed set. I made one out of plastic canvas for my daughter.

1 Like

This year on Facebook someone created a page called “Wandering Wisemen”. They used Playmobil figures of the three wise men and photographed them daily from December 1 to January 6. Each day the wise men would encouter some obstacle in their quest to find the Christ Child. Finally, on January 6, the wise men were photographed in a stable filled with Playmobil Nativity figures, and the visit of the wise men from Matthew’s Gospel was used to caption the photo.

3 Likes

Interesting question, I have several Last Rite Crucifixes that were various family members (unfortunately no one labeled whos was whos) hanging over the doors. A beautiful family heirloom of the Virgin Mary, from hubbys great great grandmother from Germany. And a hand painted Nativity set I made about 35 years ago that I bring out at Christmas.

1 Like

9 excluding our Nativity scene! Everything from St Michael to our Lady of Lourds and Sacred Heart of Jesus. I am sure that number will increase with time. LOL

1 Like

While I am a non-Catholic, my Catholic wife has a Santo Niño on her altar.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.