Do you know much about the Fundamentalist LDS "church" / raid in TX?

i just read the book Stolen Innocence about the girl who was forced to marry her 1st cousin when she was 14… :mad:

It is a truly amazing story… unbelievable how so many people could believe in such a wacky, not to mention downright satanic religion…

Anyway, i am just wondering whatever happened with that raid in TX?

(i hate TV :ouch: )

I’ve also read that book. It’s really sad that children have been forced into marriage.

We need a current news link to start a new thread in this forum. Please provide us with one.

hate to sound like a dummy (even though i am one :smiley: ) but i don’t know how to do links…

and the reason i started this thread was because i don’t know about such things… and like i said, hate TV…

Oh, it is easy. Just copy the URL that is in the address bar of your browser, and paste it into your reply. :slight_smile:

As for the FLDS case…

[quote=Houston Chronicle]A jury trial will be held in September to determine whether a 14-year-old allegedly married to jailed polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs should permanently remain in state custody.

Texas District Judge Barbara Walther on Thursday ordered a Sept. 28 trial for the parents of the girl, who was shown in photos and church records as marrying the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when she was 12, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported in online editions.
[/quote]

The girl is the only one of 439 children taken from the Yearning For Zion Ranch in April to return to foster care. The children, part of one of the largest custody cases in U.S. history, were in state custody for about two months before the state Supreme Court ruled Texas authorities had overreached.

chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6201370.html

thanks… that’s very helpful…

kinda strange that they only found ONE girl who was abused out of all those there…

That Warren Jeffs seems like he is … another Hitler or something… Yes, i realize that sounds judgemental… but cna’t help thinking it after reading that book… control freak… child molester… :hypno:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.