Do you know St Gemma Galgani - stigmatist & mystic? Do you have any stories or know books, www's on her etc?

Hi all
I am becoming very interested in this saint and would like to hear any stories about her, your exoeriences praying to her, recommend books, websites, videos etc. I’d like to hear anything about St Gemma.

How do I turn the music off. Its far too distracting.

Hi Thistle

I;m not sure what music you mean. If your talking about my angels website on the homepage down the bottom you can click an on/off button to turn it off. God bless.:thumbsup: :slight_smile:

Hi John,
Here is a website devoted to St Gemma:
stgemmagalgani.com

May God bless you.

I love St. Gemma. She is part of my “committee” of saints. I wish someone would make a movie on her life. Here is a site… I believe you can ask for a free holy card, from them.

God bless.

stgemma.com/index.html

Most of the “good” websites devoted to Gemma are (naturally) in Italian. If you are fluent in Italian, or wish to weed through Google’s sloppy translation of these pages, then there are several.

Most of the available information about Gemma in English is standard and tends to get redundant. Again, most of the thoughtful analyses concerning her spirituality are in Italian. Only a handful of her writings have been translated from Italian into English. Most of her letters, diaries, and ecstasies remain untranslated – and it seems that the English-speaking Italians are in no hurry to make these materials available. (Not a good enough market for it, I suppose.)

Of the available materials published in English, allow me to recommend:

“The Life of Saint Gemma Galgani” by Venerable Father Germanus Stanislaus, C.P. (tanbooks.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/572/)

“The Autobiography of St Gemma Galgani” which can be viewed here: stgemmagalgani.com/2008/11/autobiography-of-saint-gemma-galgani.html (or if you would like an actual physical copy, then I might could obtain one for you from the Passionist Nuns based in Kentucky)

“The Voices of St Gemma Galgani: The Life and Afterlife of a Modern Saint” by Rudolph M. Bell and Cristina Mazzoni. (This book includes a translated copy of the autobiography in addition to several excerpts from her diaries and letters.)

and, finally, this link which includes a few other published letters from Gemma to Fr. Germanus, her spiritual director.

Thx for your input all. Great stuff. It’s handy to know the Italians are a bit slow. I’ll look into all you suggest for sure. I’ve grown extremely fond of this saint the last few weeks.

If you think of anything else shoot it thru.

If anyone has anything else to offer then don’t be shy.

If anyone would like to publicly thank St Gemma for any favours by posting them for the world to see do so please.

wow that’s really interesting that you started this thread, because I was just reading about St Gemma yesterday. :slight_smile: I really like her, I think she is such a wonderful Saint. Reading her story encouraged me to want to pray more and to learn to love God with all my heart.

Here are some links I found:
stgemma.com/

santagemmaprayers.com/

stgemmagalgani.com/

the last one has a lot of interesting quotes by her… and her prayers :slight_smile:

God bless

Thx very much. Perhaps this saint wants spiritual children. She’s putting spells on people I think. God bless.:slight_smile:

This is definitely interesting as I became interested in StM Gemma a week or so ago. I don’t have any books yet, but I bought a DVD from Bob + Penny Lord’s website on her life. I can’t wait to watch it. I have also picked up a great devotion to StM Rita of Cascia in the past year. Another amazing saint!

Thanks. I should get new reading glasses!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.