Do you know: St. Padre Pio?

Poor Capuchin Priest from San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy, in the 19th century, who has stigmata (the 5 wounds of Christ) for 50 years.
Many conversion happens in his lifetime. He prays the rosary 17 times a day, and has the gift of miracles, bilocations, reading hearts. He spends most of his time hearing the confessional. Over 12 hours a day.

He says that when he will be in heaven , he can do much more than when he was on earth. That is why we need to pray to him, to ask the graces as if he was still alive. And he always answers. At least, for me, he does. The graces I ask are usually graces of conversion. Something beneficial for our eternal salvation. He lives in heaven:rolleyes:
St. Padre Pio, pray for us.

http://mirifica.net/uploadan/thumb/51pio-closeup.jpg

http://fmmh.ycdsb.ca/teachers/F00027452/F00027453/pio.JPG

Incorrupt body until now on display

His bio, with extensive photos, stigmatas.
caccioppoli.com/Padre%20Pio%20bio,%20english.htm

Videos on youtube
Padre Pio: Story of the saint Part 1/6
youtube.com/watch?v=flZUKsbT8Xg

Padre Pio: Story of the saint Part 2/6
youtube.com/watch?v=x9Dni5S8-PQ&feature=channel_video_title

Padre Pio: More than a saint of Stigmas
youtube.com/watch?v=XaQ8_N0O5jk

Padre Pio Movie
Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=3cs3JMDf0I8

Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=XDh-4eg-gnA&playnext=1&list=PL3FEBB1483801C356

You can find the rest on Youtube by typing the search term “St. Padre Pio”

Thanks, these are very nice. Pray, hope, and don’t worry! :slight_smile:

Yes, he was the saint I chose when I made my confirmation.

I love St Padre Pio :slight_smile: he’s helped me many times.

I’m a big supporter of Padre Pio as well. :thumbsup:

I believe he can still intercede for us in our devotions.

St. Pio is awesome!

(And also awesome is your Opening Post!)

I have read books about St. Pio, seen films about his life, and made a pilgrimage to a shrine dedicated to him in Pennsylvania.

Here is one of my favorite prayers of his:

“My past, Lord, to your mercy.
My present, Lord, to your love.
My future, Lord, to your Providence.”

I pray to St. Pio every day!! I have a great devotion to him. My favorite quote of his is my signature (read below).

Saint Pio is one of my favorite saints!

mariafransisca1- Thank you for posting this.

I do know about St. Padre Pio but I have to admit I don’t really understand him and I would like to know St. Padre Pio better. So, I am Praying and will Pray for St. Padre Pio’s intercession.

I would also like to find a quote or saying that St. Padre (at least I think it was him) said about Prayers or Praying it isn’t the “Pray, Hope, and Don’t worry” quote either.

My mom has a great devotion St. Padre Pio and has a holy card of him but sadly it is ruined from water damage.

May I suggest the following websites

The official website of St. Padre Pio:

padrepio.it/

vocedipadrepio.com/eng/index.php

God bless,
goforgoal

Here’s the holy card to console your mom…

You can find more here:
monstermarketplace.com/catholic-books/holy-cards?p=135

May the merciful Jesus bless you

Here’s a site with some of his quotes… catholicfire.blogspot.com/2006/09/my-favorite-padre-pio-quotes.html

I do not know there are many who loves St Padre Pio:)

St. Padre Pio, pray for all of us

For those who is interested in his writings, you can buy the book, Secrets of a Soul: Padre Pio’s Letters to His Spiritual Directors

amazon.com/Secrets-Soul-Letters-Spiritual-Directors/dp/0819859478

I have one and it’s good:thumbsup:

That is a silicone mask, though. Not his actual face.
An explanation: unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2008/05/padre-pio-incorrupt.html

Yes, but his body was real :slight_smile:

You can find explanations about the true condition of St. Padre Pio’s Body here
bluepanjeet.net/2008/11/04/1536/the-incorruptible-body-of-padre-pio/

You can see other incorruptible saints on

saintsarefamily.blogspot.com/

I quote from my previous post, The incorruptibles on Youtube - Non decomposing catholic saints

I already watched the movie Padre Pio twice. I’m now reading this which I downloaded on my smart phone: mostholyfamilymonastery.com/PadrePio.pdf

At the same time I’m reading the book Padre Pio Gleanings:amazon.com/Padre-Pio-Gleanings-Pascal-Cataneo/dp/2890395073/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309474586&sr=8-1

and today I got the book Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry: True Stories of Padre Pio that I ordered from amazon: amazon.com/gp/product/1593305753/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=02BFSEF7PJ2NFPX1PQEA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

I’m really in the Padre Pio mode right now.:stuck_out_tongue:

I would not suggest the Most Holy Family Monastery if I were you.

If you search their website or name on CAF or even if you Google search you’ll understand why.

A question I asked 2 years ago about them here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=317952

Does anybody know what St Pio is the patron saint of, other than of civil defense volunteers? Thinking of making him my patron saint but I hope to have more connections with him :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.