Do you like sickening moral corruption news posted here?

some of the weirdest things but terribly sickening as well. do you want them to be translated and posted here?

The regular news is about as sickening as I need to read here.

Where are they from? Are they mere individual failings common to all eras and cultures? Do they indicate a civilization in decline or one struggling to advance?

Not really. If there is some kind of related question on the table for discussion (beyond merely, “what do you think of this?”), it is acceptable, but there is generally no need to scrape up the bottom of the internet sludge pile and post it here.

Scott

Do I like it? No.

Is it necessary to confront reality sometimes rather than pretend it is not happening? Yes.

If it is being posted only for entertainment then it isn’t good. If it’s posted to prompt action against something that is morally corrupt, then it is good.

[quote=Scott Waddell]Not really. If there is some kind of related question on the table for discussion (beyond merely, “what do you think of this?”), it is acceptable, but there is generally no need to scrape up the bottom of the internet sludge pile and post it here.
Scott
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup: Thank you

[quote=Brad]Do I like it? No.

Is it necessary to confront reality sometimes rather than pretend it is not happening? Yes.

If it is being posted only for entertainment then it isn’t good. If it’s posted to prompt action against something that is morally corrupt, then it is good.
[/quote]

I agree with Brad. :thumbsup:

…hard to fight injustice sometimes without taking a good hard look…:cool:

talking about a family member in a nursing home is totally different then going to visit them in one… smells bad, inhumane at times, noisey, nasty, sad, dreary, pitiful…:frowning: pick your adjective… but, you certainly can’t appreciate someone’s distaste for loosing their freedom until you sat there and witnessed the loss and the tears…

might be a long way around the barn to make a point… but some situations you just have to view to appreciate…

i can handle the facts… i don’t fear knowledge… but i have a distaste for those that hurt people with words…:cool:

if it gets a little too rough, i’m sure the moderators will censor the content for the crud just for crud’s sake…

i trust their judgement… sometimes:eek: …that one was for you White Dove…:thumbsup:

No one is perfect…:eek:

Peace:thumbsup:

http://jeannero.free.fr/dessins-animes-2/SpaceGhost.gif

I voted “yes” even though I don’t particularluy like to see it, I need to see it. If I varify it independently, I can then safely use it in one of my presentations, if it’s approptiate.

quite frankly I don’t open any posts that look like references to other news agency sites or net news stories. I regularly check several news sites, Catholic and otherwise, and read all the news I care to. I don’t need another news filter, and I think it is a misuse of the forum to clog it up with these links.

furthermore, I object strongly to posting a link to an objectionable site on these forums, especially to a site that can be guaranteed to host content that offends Catholic morality, because it is to easy to click on a link and open it accidentally. i work hard to keep filth out of my house, so I don’t want it entering thru my computer, either.

I’m sure that posting “sickening moral corruption” news for the sake of shocking others will set off the alarms for the Mods. They have enough to do. Don’t add to their workloads.

At a minimum, threads in the “Culture of Death” forum ought to be related to some major aspect of Church doctrine, such as the “non-negotiables.” News stories related to the Culture of Death and the Culture of Life are acceptable as it would be extremely difficult to discuss current events through a Catholic lens without reference to this outside material (e.g., Terri Schiavo).

News stories posted in these forums are required to have a link back to their source. If the content is objectionable to a young teen or older, common sense demands that it be labeled as such. Blind links to objectionable sites, at a minimum, will be removed or relabeled.

If you have any questions, please contact a Mod.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.