Do you support Israel or Palestine?

You mean relocating the Papacy to Jerusalem? That seems heretical. Or did you mean the Pope ruling over the holy land from Rome which I am all in favor of?

Or World War III

Definitely the latter.

I like our odds

I believe this would be helpful.

Did Christ live in Rome? It would make more sense for our pope to follow in the footsteps of Christ.

But what of the Primacy of Rome?

Reminds me of a riddle…

Q: What do you call someone who wants an ethnostate, a wall on the border, and deportation of all outsiders?

A: An Israeli.

One has to wonder why only one particular ethnostate is tolerated though.

how is this biblical? God promised Jerusalem to the jews.

Do I support Israel or Palestine?

No.

Because the Jewish faith is no longer relevant. Jesus fulfilled the covenant and made a new one. The Catholic Church is the new Jerusalem, the physical city is just a city. What entity rules it doesn’t matter.

What of it? The papacy could be moved from Rome, indeed one might submit it already has been at points, indeed the Vatican whilst worried about issues with Il Duce’s govt. at one point suggested moving to America or Ireland if negotiations had failed.

At present there are two “Palestinian majority” states; Gaza and Jordan. The asserted need for a third in an area (west bank) that’s 1/4 to 1/3 Jewish is, to me, not persuasive.

Regardless, “Palestinian” is just a localized term for “Arab”. There was no consciousness of “Palestine” as a state prior to (Egyptian) Yasser Arafat’s assertion that there ought to be, and no Israel at all.

Goals :rofl:

There are plenty of “ethnostates”. That’s the basis for nearly every European state. Poland is full of Poles. Germany is full of Germans. France is full of French. Italy is full of Italians.

And just to say it. Arabs can, and do, own land in the Jewish state of Israel. Jews, however, cannot own land in the Palestinian Arab state of Jordan.

so God broke his promise to Abram’s descendants? i don’t see where God limits this ownership only till the covenant changes.

as a norm, catholics aren’t descendants of Abram

Genesis 15
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi[e] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.”

No, He didn’t break any promises. He fulfilled it by sending the promised Messiah.

Christian’s are the spiritual descendants of Abraham.

All I can say is “Wow.” I’ve never seen such ignorance and nonsense in my life. Each post is worse than the last. At the very least, have a look at Wikipedia!

Yeah except for the fact that Israel was explicitly founded as a homeland for the Jewish people. European states in contrasts are expected to open their borders and allow anyone in, in the process losing what made them German, Polish, French, or Italian.

what about the non christian descendants? they don’t count? i don’t see where the verse is speaking spiritually. they took the land by force and not spirit.

bible scripture seems to have a different interpretation.

Hosea 3:4-5 - “For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days.”

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

Jeremiah 32:44 NIV - “Fields will be bought for silver, and deeds will be signed, sealed and witnessed in the territory of Benjamin, in the villages around Jerusalem, in the towns of Judah and in the towns of the hill country, of the western foothills and of the Negev, because I will restore their fortunes, declares the LORD.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.