Do you support the second amendment?

• Yes, the right to bear arms is an integral freedom in the U.S.
  • No, more gun control is needed.
  • I don’t know.

0 voters

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” - Constitution of United States of America, II Amendment

I heard someone say you guys need a third amendment, to ban automatic weapons.

Before another terrorist decides this is an excellent copycat

And the guys on stage at the time of the massacre said they could not use their weapons against this because

They would have been shot by the SWAT team if they drew guns.

So the protection argument needs to be revisited in light of that, from people who were there.

We already have a third amendment. We have twenty seven ratified ones actually, the first ten of them are apart of the bill of rights.

Won’t work. Believe it or not, criminals don’t follow laws, even ones that foreigners and liberals think they should because they have misguided agenda.

That’s the stupidest excuse ever.

SWAT teams are trained in basic ballistics, meaning they won’t just go in shooting blindly. If fire was coming from the stage, the direction of the all the people running and even those I’m sad to say who got shot would all have different vectors.

What a slap in the face to law enforcement that comment is.

They won’t shoot blindly but they might not be able to tell that those shooting in self-defense are not the assailants.

Got to love this endless debate, I personally do not own a fire arm, only because if SHTF, I have other things at my disposal to protect myself, and I am more of the notion to just upgrade to a firearm in that circumstance by taking what ever firearm is on hand from whom ever I have had to defend myself from for what ever reason. Not worried about firearms either way. Been around em enough.

Would it make it much easier not to get automatic weapons? Also have a gun amnesty and hand them in.

Ok have an amendment that forbids automatic weapons.

tell that to those there under fire.

It’s a very valid statement. Listen to them

Swat isn’t going to know if they are good guys or bad guys if they are holding up a gun , especially if they have opened fire.

Swat is going to respond appropriately. You got one swat guy, he spots another guy using a weapon, on the ground near this guy are dead and injured. Swat will do its job. You are using a weapon, you are in the firing line

A few states have something like this. Nevada does not.:anguished:

Had to correct the above. Only a few states ban assault rifles.

Automatic weapons have been illegal since 1986. Fully automatic guns owned before this law are still legal, but they’re very hard to come across.

I’m fine with people owning guns. I come from a hunting family myself. However, civilians should never need a military level assault weapon. The USA is in severe need of an overhaul of its federal gun laws. This isn’t politics, this is a crisis.

Also, it’s always the right time to talk about solutions to gun violence.

It depends on what you mean by “support.” I’m fine with people owning firearms in principle. But some people by ‘‘support second amendment rights’’ mean ‘‘resist any and all attempts to limit access to deadly weapons’’ and I do not agree with that. Any tool that has the capacity to slaughter dozens in a short amount of time should be regulated. That just seems like common sense to me.

Wise words.

We stopped having gun massacres here after Port Arthur. Gun laws were changed. We still have issues. But knives and single shots can’t do 59 dead and 527 injured

gun purposes

God bless America!

Sorry, but the idea that an M16 is going to stop the full might of the US military has always seemed like a pipe dream to me.

If the government really wanted to take your guns, your assault rifle would not even slow them down.

That explains our victories in Vietnam and Afghanistan right?

Either way, I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit