more common sense rules:
• We must ban and criminalize the possession of automatic weapons!
essentially done. 1934 and 1986
• We must close loopholes such as buying a weapon at a gun show!
gun dealers must do background checks even at gun shows already
• We must ban the purchase of firearms and ammunition on the internet!
As soon as newspapers and magazines are banned from the internet. Both are constitutionally protected individual rights. Internet purchases go through federally licensed gun dealers just like on sight
• We must increase the waiting period and make background checks more rigorous and effective!
As soon as we increase the waiting period for protection from unreasonable search and seizure. The NICS is already vigorous and, by and large, effective
• We must limit the number of firearms any individual can own!
No reason to. Street thugs with stolen handguns kill far more people than the few though tragic mass shootings. A limit on ownership will not interfere with either.
• We must limit the number of bullets any firearm clip can hold!
I want my wife to have as many rounds as she needs to protect herself from multiple intruders and poor sim due to panic.
• We must ban and criminalize the purchase and possession of armor piercing bullets, and also hollow-tip bullets!
which of the mass shooters used these? Which street thugs use them? Will this impact the criminals?
• We must rethink the “logic” of permitting concealed weapons, especially in places like houses of worship, colleges, bars,
Which mass shootings occurred because the shooter had a CCL.
All of these target the law abiding. Target the criminal first. Start in our big cities where the overwhelming number of gun murders take place.
In 2016, 762 murders took place in Chicago alone.
Virtually none of these would be affected by your list.
Chicago has among the strictest gun laws in America.
New gun laws that target the law abiding will not fix the problem