Do you think there will there be any OSASers in hell?

Do you think there will there be any people in hell who are absolutely and completely certain that salvation cannot be lost?

It’s a given that there’s no way to know for sure. This is simply an opinion question. That’s why there’s no “maybe” or “I don’t know” option.

In Christ,
Nancy :slight_smile:

I vote for maybe, because I don’t know how God will judge others, in situations like that.

BTW Hey Catholic4areason, I’m Doxology from Bibleforums.org :thumbsup:

It’s impossible to answer yes or no to your question, since it is something only God knows. Suffice to say, if you take the extreme example of someone who so presumes on his salvation that he makes *no * attempt to live a life of virtue through grace, odds are he or she will be lost. You can extrapolate down from there but, again, a definitive judgement by us in any one case cannot (and should not) be made.

[quote=Laud_God]I vote for maybe, because I don’t know how God will judge others, in situations like that.
[/quote]

I changed the wording of the question so that “maybe” isn’t necessary. It’s purely opinion, not based on one’s knowledge (or lack thereof) of how God will judge others. So now go back and vote!! :slight_smile:

BTW Hey Catholic4areason, I’m Doxology from Bibleforums.org :thumbsup:

Howdy!!! :tiphat:

In Christ,

[quote=Fidelis]It’s impossible to answer yes or no to your question, since it is something only God knows. .
[/quote]

Yes, I know. I’m just curious about people’s opinions on the matter. It’s not impossible to answer “yes” or “no” about one’s own opinion unless you don’t have an opinion on the matter in which case this thread isn’t really for you . :smiley:

In Christ,

I sincerely hope not.

[quote=carol marie]I sincerely hope not.
[/quote]

My too, but what do you THINK?

In Christ,

[quote=Catholic4aReasn]My too, but what do you THINK?

In Christ,
[/quote]

No. I’m the “no” vote. If you’re asking what I think, then nobody is going to hell. If I have to offer my opinion as a sort of “judgement”, then I hereby judge everyone goes to Heaven. Amen.

Mike

Yikes! Did think this was that hard of a question to understand! :confused:

I’m not asking anyone to judge all of mankind, or anyone at all for that matter, just asking opinions on whether or not y’all think there will be any OASAers in hell.

In Christ,

Well if your asking if there will be ANY OSASers in hell, then yes there will be. And IMHO, there will also be some Catholics, Protestants, and people from every other religion in hell.

[quote=Laud_God]Well if your asking if there will be ANY OSASers in hell, then yes there will be. And IMHO, there will also be some Catholics, Protestants, and people from every other religion in hell.
[/quote]

:amen:

[quote=Catholic4aReasn]Yikes! Did think this was that hard of a question to understand! :confused:

I’m not asking anyone to judge all of mankind, or anyone at all for that matter, just asking opinions on whether or not y’all think there will be any OASAers in hell.

In Christ,
[/quote]

My friend,

You underestimate me. It’s not a difficult question to understand. In order for me to offer an opinion on something, it indicates that I must make a personal judgment about something. In this case, I would have to judge whether or not I believe there are any “OSASers in hell.” My judgment (opinion) is no.

The definition of opinion, from Google: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

It is impossible for me to offer you an opinion unless I have already made a judgement about it. The question isn’t difficult at all.

Mike

Absolutely certainty that one is going to heaven can be the sin of presumption.

I voted “yes” but I’d ask it this way:

Do you think that anyone’s crazy unscriptural OSAS belief will actually save them from eternal hell?

No!

But I certainly don’t believe that it would PREVENT their salvation either!

[quote=mhansen]My friend,

You underestimate me.
[/quote]

:nope: :nope:

Why fight…

[quote=mhansen]My friend,

You underestimate me. It’s not a difficult question to understand. In order for me to offer an opinion on something, it indicates that I must make a personal judgment about something. In this case, I would have to judge whether or not I believe there are any “OSASers in hell.” My judgment (opinion) is no.

The definition of opinion, from Google: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

It is impossible for me to offer you an opinion unless I have already made a judgement about it. The question isn’t difficult at all.

Mike
[/quote]

I wasn’t speaking to you in particular but to all posters in general.

In Christ,

[quote=Magicsilence]:nope: :nope:

Why fight…
[/quote]

You really saw those as fightin’ words??? Really??

I think sometimes people are so used to seeing arguments that they see them were none exist. :smiley:

In Christ,

[quote=Magicsilence]:nope: :nope:

Why fight…
[/quote]

Where do you perceive fighting? Is it in clearing up a misconception or addressing the OP as “my friend?” Sorry, but I’m a little confused.

Now ain’t that the truth!!

Now, if I was to make a derogatory statement about the Packers, noticing that Catholic4aReasn is a Packers fan, and I’m a BEARS fan from Chicago, that might be another story!! :smiley:

Mike

[quote=Catholic4aReasn]My too, but what do you THINK?

In Christ,
[/quote]

Well… based on the scripture that warns us that many will say “LORD LORD… did I not do this in your name… and that in your name… etc.” and He will say to them, “Get away from me… I never knew you.” makes me believe that although some people think they are OK with God - they actually are not.

I think it has nothing to do with believing in OSAS because I personally don’t know anyone who believed that and then went on to say that they could live however they wanted & not give a hoot about God. (In fact - they believe that IF a person acts that way - after claiming to be saved - they were never actually saved to begin with) So in regards to salvation, it’s my opinion that Catholics & Protestants believe practically the same thing… we just use different words.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.