Do you want Gregorian Chant and Latin at Mass, sign this petition

If you would like to see Gregorian Chant and Latin return to the Mass, as Vatican II called for, sign this petition:

new.petitiononline.com/grgcnt1/petition.html

How do I know that this will go directly to the U.S. Bishops?

I will sign it. But I need assurance.

And, also, how would this be valid if it doesn’t have our signatures, only our names and emails? Anybody could have obtained those.

What if you want chant but not Latin? Or Latin but not chant? Or neither? Do you have to start your own petition?

I don’t think email petitions are very persuasive, even if there are hundreds of signatures and it does go to the bishops…look at the list already --it’s prey for jokers --people who call themselves Judas Iscariot and cite “hell” for their home…I’d love to see more of this in the Mass, but I think there might be more effective means…write your own pastor/bishop or become involved in the music ministry or let some positive comments about a Mass you attended elsewhere slip…“catch” your own parish going something you like and compliment them…Or let the pastor know you’ve begun to attend elsewhere and why…

Nice idea. It won’t do anything though. If all of the Latin Mass Societies, and Una Voce chapters, and schismatic Latin Mass groups aren’t enough… I don’t know what is.

[quote=Freeway4321]Nice idea. It won’t do anything though. If all of the Latin Mass Societies, and Una Voce chapters, and schismatic Latin Mass groups aren’t enough… I don’t know what is.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote=Freeway4321]Nice idea. It won’t do anything though. If all of the Latin Mass Societies, and Una Voce chapters, and schismatic Latin Mass groups aren’t enough… I don’t know what is.
[/quote]

When your bishop retires petition the pope heavily for a bishop sympathetic to liturgical housecleaning.

Scott

[quote=proud2bcatholic]If you would like to see Gregorian Chant and Latin return to the Mass, as Vatican II called for, sign this petition:

[new.petitiononline.com/grgcnt1/petition.html](“http://new.petitiononline.com/grgcnt1/petition.html”)

[/quote]

I signed it (too bad there were a few people who signed it with fake names, saying hateful things against the Church in the comment section. Pray for them.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.