Do You

I believe that if you put you Faith ,your Trust in God,and seek the light ,you shall see God. Do you believe the same as I do .

I wouldn’t say you Physically see God,
But rather have a greater sense of God’s presents

Hi!

…we must define “Faith” and “Trust in God”–too many times people equate hollowood’s spirituality with Catholic/Christian teachings–have “faith” or “believe” are common themes in shows and movies which actually either reject God’s Authority or remakes God’s Revelations and Commandments…

…if you mean to put you Faith and Trust in God, in the Catholic understanding, then I must fully concur with you!

Maran atha!

Angel

Could you clarify what you mean please?

That was my first thought, too.

Does the OP mean that Catholics don’t need to do anything other than “have faith”? That Catholics are only required to “seek the light” in order to obtain salvation?

If so, then the answer to his question, for Catholics (and, in fact, for all Christians), is “no”.

Sounds simple, and after submitting to God, it is fairly simple. Having said that, there remain these instructions about keeping Jesus’ commandments, remembering the beatitudes, using one’s charisms for the building up of the Church, persevering to the end, fighting the good fight, believing and being baptized, loving one another, seeking and practicing the theological virtues of faith, hope and love - in short, everything that has been revealed through the scriptures, to the Apostles and via Christ’s Church.

Sounds complicated, but we live one day at a time and so the Christian life is a constant process of repenting, learning and refining. We are never finished - it is God who finishes us, but Who also expects us to struggle toward perfection. His mercy and grace fill the gap.

I believe that if you love God with all your Heart,their ins,t nothing he well do for his Children.:bible1:

Well… if you mean this in a “Prosperity Gospel” kind of way – that is, that God will give you whatever you ask for (e.g., winning the Powerball jackpot, etc), then I’d still disagree.

If, on the other hand, you mean that having a relationship with God is its own reward… or that loving God and following His Will while on this earth leads to experiencing the joys of heaven, then I agree. :thumbsup:

I agree

Yes. The answer is yes I believe if you seek God you shall find him. If you put your faith and trust in him you will not be disappointed. And those who wait on the Lord renew their strength, they shall soar on eagles wings. If we are faithful to the end we will be saved by God’s grace.

Yes if at the end we die in a state of grace we are saved. However, I am still not clear if the OP somehow means salvation assurance which of course is Protestant thinking.

All that believe in God and Love him with all their Heart,will fine their reward at the end off their life.:heaven:

Hi!

…this is correct!

…yet, as I tried to understand from the OP’s, is that in the absence of the Church–the *‘God and me alone’ *theology?

Here’s what Jesus states about that Belief and Love:

[FONT=“Garamond”][size=]46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

(St. Luke 6:46)

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. (St. John 14:15)

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love (St. John 15:9-10a)
Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

Only if they die in a state of grace.

So, let’s suppose there’s a Catholic who believes in God and loves Him with all their heart… but decides he doesn’t need to go to Mass and never avails himself of the sacraments. Are you saying that, by definition, he goes to heaven?

Just trying to understand what you’re asserting here…

All that seek the Kingdom of Heaven should be in the state of Grace, but if someone dies and ,but ask for Jesus forgiveness ,the Lord will not abandoned him. AMEN

Umm… that’s not true. At the very least, it’s not relevant. ‘Should’ those who love the Lord be in a state of grace? Sure. Are they, though? Of course not – those who sin, venially or mortally, are not in a state of grace. Hopefully, they repent of their sin and, through sacramental confession, return to a state of grace.

However, it is not the case that “all who seek are … in the state of grace”.

, but if someone dies and ,but ask for Jesus forgiveness ,the Lord will not abandoned him. AMEN

Sadly, that’s a misunderstanding of Jesus’ teachings. (I assume that you’re talking about a post-mortem request for forgiveness.) Jesus himself talks about those who do not keep themselves ready for the coming of the king, and who find themselves locked out, and who find themselves “wailing and grinding [their] teeth”, as they cry out “Lord, Lord!” and hear the response “I do not know who you are.”

The spirituality of the present age suggests that all nice people go to heaven. It’s a nice thought… but it’s not what Jesus taught. :nope:

Hi!

…there seems to be some semblance of correctness in that ideology… however… there’s a flaw to it… in the past some decided that they would not seek the Sacrament of Baptism till well into their adulthood; one of the reason for this practice was that some had preached that once Baptized man cannon get Absolution for the sins committed after the Baptism or that it could only be granted once…

…hollowood subscribes to your defined spirituality… they seldom portray Christianity, in general, and Catholicism, specifically, in a good light; they do however portray Catholic Confession as a get out of hell free hypocrisy: people commit their whole life to doing the most outrageous and unrighteous acts and when they find themselves at death’s grip all they have to do is call for a Priest (usually portrayed as a Bishop) who basically blesses them into Salvation.

…now, here’s where your premise and hollowood’s (and that of all those who keep toying with God) go awry: God looks into our inner most being and searches out our true Conversion of heart and mind and discovers the truth or falsehood of our Contrition (being sorry for the sins committed against God, man, and ourselves):

[FONT=“Garamond”][size=]26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity. For we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit himself asketh for us with unspeakable groanings. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts, knoweth what the Spirit desireth; because he asketh for the saints according to God. 28 And we know that to them that love God, all things work together unto good, to such as, according to his purpose, are called to be saints. 29 For whom he foreknew, he also predestinated to be made conformable to the image of his Son; that he might be the firstborn amongst many brethren.

(Romans 8:26-29)
This passage is loaded… the Holy Spirit is the One Who Convicts us; it is He Who Communicates to the Father the intentions of the man; God Calls us to Emulating Jesus by becoming Holy (Saints), and He has Predestined, in Christ, that we should Become Christ’s Brethren–Christ Founded His Church for just such purpose… for a Believer to go “lone” wolf… well that’s just not in Christ’s Commandment that His Disciples (Followers) Be one with one another in Him!

It is very doubtful that man, separated from the Church, going it alone would Worship correctly and truly turn to God with a fully Contrite heart… further, the “lone wolf” syndrome lends itself to vulnerability and manipulation… ego makes man both strong and weak… self-sufficiency almost always leads man’s psyche to overindulgence… which seldom veers off the path of destruction (since man’s ego is booted to extreme egotism and self-righteousness).

We should seek to remain Loyal and Humble to Christ’s Command that we Be one (One Body, One Faith, One Baptism, One Gospel, One Lord, One Spirit, One God).

Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

Hi, Gorgias!

…the best visual example of this is the parable of the ten virgins… while five allowed themselves to be caught up in excitement of the moment they did not prepare for the long haul… as the Bridegroom’s arrival was delayed, only the five that were prepared (brought extra oil) had their efforts rewarded by being allowed to enter into the Wedding Feast!

Maran atha!

Angel

If you say The Chaplin of Divine Mercy ,Jesus said he would for give the Hearst of sinner,and will show his Graces on to that soul.that is why we say it, for the Mercy of Jesus. AMEN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.