Documentary about Eden on the History channel.

Two days back I was watching a documentary about Eden on the History channel, and they mentioned that the Jews have another story about Eden in one of their Hebrew scripture books (some sort of Adam with a second evil Eve), so can our fellow Jews shed some light on that, is it true?

There’s a midrash that says Adam’s first wife was Lilith. They didn’t get along, perhaps because she wanted to be on top and not subserviant. She leaves Adam and becomes a demon,. From then on she had it in for baby boys.

Yes, that was her name :thumbsup:, however, since that story is known to you, could you please provide me with online link to it (if there is one).

Thanking you in advance.

jewfaq.org/women.htm (Scroll down to the section entitled “Lilith”

i also found this one for you sam
here

Thank you Valke and dolphinlove, its interesting indeed, I wonder how such legend makes it part of a documentary!, if I haven’t read the Bible, I would have said that the Bible is full of fairy tale stories, I think the History channel should reconsider their sources, and provide only authentic ones before broadcasting it to millions of people around the world.

I wonder if that’s where the TV show “Supernatural” got their new badguy (girl) from ??

supernaturalscoop.com/2008/04/03/supernatural-season-three-close-and-a-little-talk-about-lilith/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.