Does an Anglican Church Service 'count' if we cannot go to a Catholic Church?

My friend commented that if we cannot go to a Catholic Church on Sunday, it’ll ‘count’ if we go to an Anglican service. I don’t believe so. What’s the official teaching on this? Can I refer her to any specific section in the catechism?

If, for good reason, one cannot get to a Catholic Church on Sunday then he is released from this obligation and the Church recommends other activity. Code of Canon Law (1248.2) states the following:

If participation in the eucharistic celebration becomes impossible because of the absence of a sacred minister or for another grave cause, it is strongly recommended that the faithful take part in a liturgy of the word if such a liturgy is celebrated in a parish church or other sacred place according to the prescripts of the diocesan bishop or that they devote themselves to prayer for a suitable time alone, as a family, or, as the occasion permits, in groups of families.

However, in certain circumstances, canon law (844.2) does permit reception of the Eucharist in some non-Catholic Churches:

Whenever necessity requires it or true spiritual advantage suggests it, and provided that danger of error or of indifferentism is avoided, the Christian faithful for whom it is physically or morally impossible to approach a Catholic minister are permitted to receive the sacraments of penance, Eucharist, and anointing of the sick from non-Catholic ministers in whose Churches these sacraments are valid.

The Anglican Church is not one of those Churches. For more on this see:

Do Angilcans have apostolic succession and valid sacraments?
Anglican Church priestly faculties
Communion outside of churches united with Rome

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.