Does any body notice this? Am I the only one?

stargate does exalt evil. war documentarys = ok. as long as not exalting evil.

stargate is evil because it exalts evil. satan is evil because he does evil and exalts it. satan would exalt stargate as stargate exalts evil.

science fiction is okay. you can stop saying that we all know here.:slight_smile:

anything that exalts evil is bad. either biography non-fiction science fiction. you name it!

Uh, Stargate IS science fiction not evil. There’s nothing bad about it.

yes but it exalts evil. the main guy cusses and it like " okay he cussed that okay." every one ignores that he cusses with that being done they say " Oh! he JUST cussed well, thats okay, its only okay and like so normal" get me here?

listien. im getting a little tired. I am just saying the same thing over and over again. Please read the first post Goofy Jim. it would say this specifically I think. not meaning to be offensive :wink:

I think there is a difference between the broad title of violence on TV, movies etc, and the type of violence that trys to be appealing to people. Grand Theft Auto has that type of violence, where you rob people shoot them etc. GTA is different that halo where you are fighting aliens. Im sure after playing halo I am not tempted to shoot people with lasers.

Mini Gerbel, so by your standard, what book can you read that has no violence in it? Great books by devout Catholics have violence in them, just look at The Lord of the Rings, or the Chronicles of Narnia.(eventhough C.S. Lewis was not Catholic)

But it is not exalting it anymore than a documentary on a war is exalting the violence in war. I’m leaving because I don’t need your judgement on my viewing habits. If you’re offended by Stargate don’t watch it. But science fiction happens to be entertainment for many, and legitimate at that. So don’t take it away from the rest of us.

You state my case.:wink:

no war documentary educates not exalts violence

So don’t take it away from the rest of us.

sorry the pope just did :o

Violence is okay people!!! Exallting violence is bad.

I don’t recall the pope forbidding us to watch Stargate.

lord of the rings is okay because its not like " okay lets go cuss" like it is in halo they cuss in there and its like “normal. isnt it”

halo would be just fine if there were no cussing in it. but unfortunately it exalts cussing. aw well I used to play it too :shrug:

he said that anything that exalts evil.

So then what is wrong with Stargate. It has violence in it but does not “exalt” it anymore than Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings.

Stargate is not wrong because it exalts violence for the last time drop this!

its wrong because it exalts cussing

lord of the rings doesnt exalt violence neither does stargate by the way :wink:

And it doesn’t exalt cussing either. It simply uses it as part of the story. It is your opinion that it is exalting cussing. I am simply not rushing off to confession after watching Stargate. The Pope refers to things far worse than this.

look up the word exalt for minute

one of the definitions from dictionary.com has this as a definition of exalt "To glorify, praise, or honor. "

Theres a difference between exalting, and containing. The soldiers in halo are not cursing to promote it to people, its just using it to express a fear they have, Im not saying it is right, because it isnt, but it doesnt mean they are exalting it in the same way other games/movies do. for example, many rappers have cursing in their music along with all sorts of sinful things. They are promoting these things as part of a “cool” lifestyle. this is way different then a character in a show or movie saying a curse word.

yes but it exalts evil. the main guy cusses and it like " okay he cussed that okay." every one ignores that he cusses with that being done they say " Oh! he JUST cussed well, thats okay, its only okay and like so normal" get me here?

woudl a preist let you just cuss because you contained the word in your mouth?

thats not what im saying

containing, meaning having…

btw did you know that in the movie,“the Passion of the Christ”, Peter curses. so I guess that cant be watched now.

I’m glad you are able to state it more eloquently. I’ll let you pick up this one now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.