Does Anybody Know Who Bob Stanley Is, Who Compiled This Marvelous Website?

Does anybody know who “Bob Stanley” is who compiled this absolutely marvelous website I found, particularly this article: “How Do We Know the Catholic Church is the Church Jesus Christ Founded”? www.home.inreach.com/bstanley/how.htm.

Check it out.

Thoughts? Wow! How could anybody ever dispute the Catholic Church after reading this!!!

I think it says it all–gives marvelous references!!!

Without comparing them myself, how does it stack up with:
Matt1618 Site

Or Dave Armstrong’s Site

Or Catholic Apologetics

Or Phil Porvaznik’s Site

I am looking for the VERY best apologia on Infant Baptism, Confession and Original Sin to minister to Church of Christ relatives.

When I visit a new site I check to see who they link to. This site passes my test.

st julie

I’m a long time fan of Dave Arrmstrong’s site but these others are new to me! I’ll be like a kid in a candy store for a long time with these! :smiley:

Im not sure where to look in terms of Catholic Apologetics, but I did see this on the CoC www….

The “faith page” lists all these different “Historic Testimonies” which they supposedly accept.

Here is the link to the Heidelburg Catechism on Infant Baptism and quote:

Should infants, too, be baptized?

Yes.
Infants as well as adults
are in God’s covenant and are his people.
They, no less than adults, are promised
the forgiveness of sin through Christ’s blood
and the Holy Spirit who produces faith. Therefore, by baptism, the mark of the covenant,
infants should be received into the Christian church
and should be distinguished from the children
of unbelievers.
This was done in the Old Testament by circumcision,
which was replaced in the New Testament by baptism.

Also at here :

1. Why should little children be baptized?
    Little children should be baptized because the new life is a gift of God’s love, which little children need as much and are as able to receive as adults, for the Lord Jesus has promised unto them his Kingdom.

And the Presbyterian 1998 Cat:

Question 73. Are infants also to be baptized? Yes. Along with their believing parents, they are included in the great hope of the gospel and belong to the people of God. Forgiveness and faith are both promised to them as gifts through Christ’s covenant with his people. These children are therefore to be received into the community by baptism, nurtured in the Word of God, and confirmed at an appropriate time by their own profession of faith.

Concerning Confession I found Luthers Catechism on the UCC page and here is what it says:

CONFESSION AND ABSOLUTION

What is confession?

Confession consists of two parts. One is that we confess our sins. The other is that we receive absolution or forgiveness from the confessor as from God himself, by no means doubting but firmly believing that our sins are thereby forgiven before God in heaven.

What sins should we confess? Before God we should acknowledge that we are guilty of all manner of sins, even those of which we are not aware, as we do in the Lord’s Prayer. Before the confessor, however, we should confess only those sins of which we have knowledge and which trouble us.

About Original Sin, I think that one would be hard to find, here is what the Hedelburg Catechsim says, but I dont think its the same.

Here is what their own faith page says, do they still deny it?

<< Thoughts? Wow! How could anybody ever dispute the Catholic Church after reading this!!! >>

Good material, bad color scheme, bad background colors. He needs a web designer to help him out. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support TNT. BTW, Dave Armstrong’s site can be accessed by simply www.biblicalcatholic.com

And come to think of it, Dave Armstrong too really needs a complete overhaul to make his site and articles easy to navigate. Anyone want to organize his 53 million articles? :smiley:

I bought that domain name for him, and .net .org cool :cool:

Phil P

About 4 years ago I did a Search on Amazon for books+book reviews on the subject of infant Baptism.

Oddly enough, and the recent posts support this, the best reviewed and most persuaive treatises are from the Protestant branches. The 2 books that I bought were

To a Thousand Generations

And

Children of the Promise

In the end, some thoughtful Catholic will write THE definitive Apologetic book on Infant Baptism. As of now it doesn’t exist.
(Are you listening, Phil?)

The true test would be how well it persuades COC members, especially the young who are just starting families.
The reason I site them vs Baptists is that they are more Catholic on the Effects of Baptism.

I have contacted Bob time and again on various matters. He has a good wealth of info. Unfortunately, he will not join the discussions here at Catholic Answers since he’s also busy, though he is aware of some of the discussions going on here.

[quote=PhilVaz]Good material, bad color scheme, bad background colors.

Phil P
[/quote]

i have to agree.

but the content is great!

The material is very good, and I can honestly echo that in a low-light situation the background and color scheme behind the words is nerve wrecking to the eyes. :whacky: Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=Milliardo]I have contacted Bob time and again on various matters. He has a good wealth of info. Unfortunately, he will not join the discussions here at Catholic Answers since he’s also busy, though he is aware of some of the discussions going on here.
[/quote]

WHO IS HE? Just some dude? A convert? A Priest? A scholar? A theologian? A University Instructor? Could you please tell me??

Thank you so much.

Just had a quick look - I like that site. It’s going to take some time to wade through everything that looks of interest. Always good to find good reading online as my little daughter lets me use a computer for a while but doesn’t let me sit and read any book that isn’t hers.

Thanks for posting the link.

[quote=sparkle]WHO IS HE? Just some dude? A convert? A Priest? A scholar? A theologian? A University Instructor? Could you please tell me??

Thank you so much.
[/quote]

Bob isn’t a priest. He’s just a dedicated Catholic who wants to tell the truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.