Does anyone else...?

…ever get tired of trying to be a good person?

This morning while eating breakfast I just wanted to throw my hands up and say, “That’s it, I’m done!”

It probably didn’t help that my stepdad kept wanting to engage in some quasi-racist rhetoric: “Why do people complain about neo-Nazis when they’re fine with the NAACP?”

I just wanted to say, “Jesus Christ, it’s 7:30 in the morning, and *this *is what you have on your mind?”

:shrug:

It’s the little mortifications in life, isn’t it?

Jesus Christ also threw HIs hands up and said, " Father in thy hands I commend my spirit".

Hang in there my friend. Anger befogs the mind and doesn’t allow you to think straight. If you pray for God’s Peace in your heart…He will give you the right words or the “golden silence”. Then you will bear fruit.

Hey, give yourself a break, you are human. And all of us get tired when we don’t see the fruits of our labor. We look around and think…this guy is taking every advantage of others and he is way ahead of me…in fame, fortune etc. What am I doing wrong. Why are there so many people running around espousing false beliefs and trying to ram it down our throats. Why do we have a government that…and the list goes on and on…

The answer is not what am I doing wrong…it’s what am I doing right! Storing up treasures in heaven seems to be order of the day…not here on earth. Not where others can see what you are doing, unless you are setting a great example for others, like many of our saints.

Whenever you get in that cycle…go sit before the Blessed Sacrament. Sleep if you must, but just sit…and listen for God to give you guidance in whatever you are to do next. That’s harder than anything because we think we are responsible for our own redemption, when in fact the truth is we are powerless to save ourselves. God sent his only Son because no one else other than God could do it.
So take your burdens and lay them at Jesus’ feet and he will give you rest…and hope and faith that during these dark moments in your life…he will be your light. Let Go and let God! You will be glad you did!

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.