Does anyone ever think this?

Does anyone ever think about how God can forgive any sin no matter how big or small? I have sometimes been wondering at times that how amazing it is and that it completely amazes me. Does anyone else feel like this or wonder for days on end?

I think it is deeply humbling to be reminded that I am offered the same level of forgiveness as the worst offender out there. How great our God is!

All the time. I think about how undeserving I am of the gift that He promised to me and I get very emotional. I am a very broken and sinful person. I have no right to what God has promised. But, to think that He loves me so much that He was willing to let His son die so that I may know Him, well, that thought always gets me.

Christ commands us to love as He has loved. Talk about mission impossible. God bless:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's always made me smile when I think of how great our God is! Love being a Catholic :)

It is amazing but if you think about it any sin that God would not be able to forgive would have to be greater than Him. It would limit God and He would no longer be God. The sin would have defeated Him and therefore be greater…

Jesus defeated all sin on the cross. We see infinite justice and infinite mercy on the cross. It is mind boggling (mystery) but so is God.

True. If God couldn’t forgive sin even if its the biggest in the world! That wouldn’t make God perfection basically making him not God! Luckily we have a God of endless love, mercy and forgiveness! The best quote I heard is:

“God’s mercy is like a shoreless ocean. Never ending nor beginning"
Or
"The Sin of the world is only a drop in the ocean compared to gods endless love and mercy”

~Unknown

These two really show how great our God really is and how thankful we should be. Words cannot express how greatful we are.

In nearly all cases, this is a beautiful thing. However, I’ve thought a lot about this and still am distressed. Does this mean that he would forgive a lifetime child molester/rapist on his deathbed (thus sending him to heaven) while letting someone on the other side of the world with little knowledge of Catholicism go unsaved?

[quote="Repent_n, post:8, topic:332213"]
In nearly all cases, this is a beautiful thing. However, I've thought a lot about this and still am distressed. Does this mean that he would forgive a lifetime child molester/rapist on his deathbed (thus sending him to heaven) while letting someone on the other side of the world with little knowledge of Catholicism go unsaved?

[/quote]

I face this same thought as well but remember he must make an act of true sorrow to be forgiven of his sins and must be very contrite/planned to goto confession an renounce his ways.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.