Does anyone knows answer to this?

Here is a situation that I need some help on, can a catholic woman marry to a non catholic man who did vasectomy he is willing to convert as well reverse surgery. According to some accounts that reversal of this surgery doesn’t do much good as far as having kids especially in old age which applies here. Knowing all this will church still allow this marriage? because chances of having kids are slim . I mean you could still be open to kids but again you knew the situation first hand and might not have kids at all.:confused:

A vasectomy is a form of contraception; however if the individual in question has done his utmost to undo any damage caused; by getting a reverse he is willfully bringing himself in line with catholic teaching - he is no longer living and acting in a way intrinsically opposed to children.

Just because he is "probably" sterile, does not matter itself; so long as he is not purposefully blocking or inhibiting the act of intercourse being open to life.

He should speak to a Priest; but he should be fine - even if he is "sterile" as a result of his surgeries.

:thumbsup:

He is under no obligation to have the surgery reversed. Even Catholics who get sterilized and then realize they are wrong do not have to get the surgery reversed. The surgery is a single sin, and once it has been confessed, no further action is necessary for forgiveness or atonement. Not saying it is a bad idea to reverse it, but reversal is not necessary for them to be married or for the sin to be forgiven. You can post this question in the “Ask an Apologist” forum, but I am sure you will get the same answer.

Yes

he is willing to convert as well reverse surgery.

This is a good and Loving decision on his part.

According to some accounts that reversal of this surgery doesn’t do much good as far as having kids especially in old age which applies here. Knowing all this will church still allow this marriage? because chances of having kids are slim . I mean you could still be open to kids but again you knew the situation first hand and might not have kids at all.:confused:

Let us be clear here. Having children is not a requirement for a valid marriage in the Catholic Church. There are people who get married at twenty and only later discover that they cannot have children.
What the Church does require is that the couple be open to children as part of the marriage.
Of course if the people are already older and pretty much beyond the child bearing years, the likelyhood of conceiving is virtually nil and yet that would not be an impediment either.

Does this help?

Peace
James

Yes, a Catholic can marry a person who has had a vasectomy. Having it reversed is a good thing to do but it is **NOT **required by the Church.

Sterility is not an impediment to valid marriage. Neither is converting to the Catholic Church. But, if he is converting because he truly wants to be a Catholic, that is wonderful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.