Does anyone like simon cowell on american idol?

bears 23
well i do he’s a tipical britishman

not really i dont he is to critical to other people

I love Simon! At least half the time he says what I thought - but would never say out loud.

[FONT=Arial]I don’t think you should go around being bluntly rude to people in normal life, but as a JUDGE in a contest, I think his comments are somewhat appropriate. I hate when judges say everyone is “good” (or something to that effect), because clearly everyone is not “good”. I want to know why a judge thinks one contestant is better (or worse) then another – explicit comments help explain. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Arial]Honestly, no one wants to hear negative comments about themselves. But, if you are serious about entering a competitive field and you have the attention of an expert for a few minutes - would you want a candid, serious critique or a fluffy “you are great - pursue your dream” non-comment? Which would help you more in the long run? [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]And the British thing is sexy in an unconventional way . . .[/FONT]

I just dont like when he judges not only the singing but about there clothes,body,or about somthin personal to that person it angers me! but besides that he is alright:)

I love Simon, he keeps the show interesting and his brutal honesty is great

If he was a priest, he would call sin, sin!:wink:

we are not talking about preist i agree in that case though but its just a t.v. show you have your opinion though.

I do not know if i would generalize a whole British population as the same breed as Simon Cowell. That is very offensive for sure. My grandparents would have a word or two for you…:whistle:

you are funny!!! im sure she did not mean to say that. she is one of my friends!:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You don’t know my British grandmother!:doh2:

i am sorry i did not mean to cause an such a problem

Well I like Simon Cowell…he is knowlegable but he is not Français, if he were, then he would be charming as well;) :smiley:

SImon says exactly what most of us wish we could say, but are too afraid of offending someone.

Kathy

Exactly! That is why I said he would make a good priest!:slight_smile:

I have to agree with ma chere aimee, if he were a Frenchman he could say the same things but find a way of somehow making them seem charmingly curmudgeonly rather than offensive :slight_smile:

I don’t like the way Simon treats people.
There are ways of letting a performer know that he or she
was not up to par without hitting below the belt on purpose, which he very often does. His behavior is boorish and nasty.

He says it like it is - and I appreciate that. If someone stinks, they stink, and if they are trying to enter into one of the most difficult industries in the world, then they need to be told the truth before they waste time and money trying to go somewhere they have no chance to achieve.

If I were really really bad at something, I would be glad that someone told me and kept me from wasting my time.

And yes - the Brit thing is rather sexy, I married my own Brit named Simon! :thumbsup: :smiley: :thumbsup:

~Liza

I think Simon Cowell likes Simon Cowell enough for everybody.

There are things Simon Cowell does that I like and things that I don’t. I think it is good that he is to the point when people give a performance that he feels is not up to par. On the other hand, I was offended a few times during the auditions, such as when he told one man that he looked like a bush baby and made fun of the weight of an autistic man.

(On the other hand, I don’t take offense when he merely suggests contestants who have a shot at winning would do well to get their weight under control – Jennifer Hudson, Kimberly Locke, Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks ALL lost weight during or after the season in which they competed.)

Honesty is good, but being needlessly rude isn’t.

He’s a bit too old for the part, and why should a Britian be judging an American?:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.