Does/can lust apply to non-married people?

See, I wasn’t too worried about lust because I’m not married! But I heard something on EWTN can’t remember what it was but it said that maybe it could? Clueless here!!! :confused:

[quote=Paris Blues]See, I wasn’t too worried about lust because I’m not married! But I heard something on EWTN can’t remember what it was but it said that maybe it could? Clueless here!!! :confused:
[/quote]

Lust is not reserved for “married” people only… most of us got our first dose of “Lust” at an early age… hopefully we overcame that sin with age and wisdom… hopefully.

Jesus says anyone who looks at a man with lust in his heart has committed adultery. :eek:

I’m a young married woman. I say: stop freaking out! I’ve had purity problems before and here are some tips:

1. pray a few Hail Marys when your thoughts aren’t pure
  2. pray the St. Michael the Archangel prayer
  3. if you’re talking to the person that you’re attracted to, focus on what to say next, their personality, what you’re interested in…
  4. make a conscious effort to see this person as Jesus - not just to see them as Jesus would, but to see them as Jesus. This is really hard but I think it’s what Blessed Mother Teresa did for the poor so it could certainly help us resist impure thoughts!

God bless you,
Corinne

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.