Does EWTN Chapel

have a cry room? (I wasn’t sure where this belonged) :smiley:

[quote="Catholic41506, post:1, topic:236329"]
have a cry room? (I wasn't sure where this belonged) :D

[/quote]

First and foremost, what's a cry room? Is it where they keep all those who shed tears for some reason during the Mass? ;) :D

[quote="patrick457, post:2, topic:236329"]
First and foremost, what's a cry room? Is it where they keep all those who shed tears for some reason during the Mass? ;) :D

[/quote]

lol, yes, for us sensative souls who can't help but cry through the whole Mass. :D

A room for those of us with little ones who tend to make noise during the Mass. We keep our children quiet during Mass, but the one year old will make a noise once in a while. EWTN's daily Mass is televised, so I wouldn't think they would want little children in the chapel.

[quote="Catholic41506, post:3, topic:236329"]
lol, yes, for us sensative souls who can't help but cry through the whole Mass. :D

A room for those of us with little ones who tend to make noise during the Mass. We keep our children quiet during Mass, but the one year old will make a noise once in a while. EWTN's daily Mass is televised, so I wouldn't think they would want little children in the chapel.

[/quote]

I only learned about churches with cry rooms when I joined the forums and managed to keep in touch with Catholics from other parts of the world. I grew up in a country (Philippines, if you're curious) where cry rooms are virtually unknown. To be honest I'm not too keen with the idea myself, but it does help deal with noisy children.

But yes, whether the EWTN chapel has a cry room does make one curious, doesn't it? :)

I've been there twice-in 1998 and 2005-but I never noticed if there was a 'cry room'. I've watched the televised Masses many times, but I hardly ever see little kids-besides, the Mass is at 7:00 in the morning; hardly a time for little ones to be up and about! :o

We have our daily readings and morning offering at 6:00am every morning; Youngest one who is one sleeps in until 7:00am. We are early risers.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.