Your donation helps provide answers and spread the gospel. GIVE NOW! Matching gift doubles your donation.

Does God call people to be separate from Catholic Eucharist

Of course Spirit/spirit can not be detected by senses, but flesh and blood can.

Yes, perhaps they have talked about it, and me being protestant ends it I would think…i mean my mom might not feel comfortable either if i participated with different understanding, and would not want to put priest on the spot either, to bend the rules

Unless it is “hidden” from our senses so that it is not a sign of proof, but an act of faith and for faith.

You missed my question.

About other examples of Transubstantiation?

No, I think its quite unique. The incarnation is the closest thing i can think of. But its still different.

Thanks. Did you see the Paul movie yet?

No. I looked it up on Netflix and pay per view, but didnt see it. I’ll check Amazon too

Was there a change of appearance in the narrative in Luke?

I don’t know what to make of the claims.

1. I think it would not be hard for false claims to arise. (There are plenty of false mysterious claims - just check the Enquirer.)
  2. These stories could be true. That doesn’t mean that they were changed by the power of God. We would need to confirm the source of the miracle.
  3. If they are a real miracle of God, why doesn’t this happen all of the time? It makes it look like God or man is failing all but 17 times.

The Paul movie is still in theaters.

The Eucharist miracle on the road to Emmaus showed that Jesus is in the breaking of the bread. He broke, gave to them, and vanished. He was showing that we meet Him there, as a group in Communion qith one another and Himself. He exists in His Eucharist.

Im not going to push for belief in private revelations. I question some which are even approved by the Church. But i dont try to cause others to doubt them.

The pupose of Holy Communion is not to display a miracle, but foster faith.

Seems totally counter to become incarnate then hide

What do you mean by “incarnate”?

In john 6 the eating was by faith, even at the last supper…and we are still stuck on faith memorial instead praise and thanksgiving for actual Calvary event, and that by faith…quibbling about how we remember…pretty sure ot Jewsdid/do passover in unity while allowing some variance in understanding.

And Jesus’ coming was to being the nations together. And once again, we have denomi-nations.

The nations have been brought together with the fact that the church exists in the lives of believers from every tribe and nation. Christianity is a world wide phenomenon. If Jesus comes back tomorrow to claim His bride there will be representation from all the world joyfully receiving Him. Denominations are only an obstacle if one insists they are the only true Church.

There is only one visible Church, even as there is only one Eucharist of Christ.

This doesnt mean that individuals who are saved through belief and Baptism may not come from outside the visible Church. Or that some inside the visible Church will not be cut off!

There is the visible Church, with lawful leaders and a lawful Eucharist, and the body of Scriptures, and the Apostolic Teaching.

Then, there is the body of faithful, who only God is able to declare on the Day.

Recently I was chatting with a lady who is regarded in our community as a pillar of the local Catholic community. I know her well. I mentioned that I had been following CAF for a couple of years now and that I have come to realize that the Catholic Church considers itself to be the only one true Church. “Oh,” she stammered, "but look at your church here in our community and all the good you have done for people, all the people you have helped and the faithful witness you have given for a century now. " Seems like we were quite visible to her!

Guess she knows better than her own leaders… ??? hmmm. And so she gave you the impression that your church is no less a church than the Catholic Church?

I would say, your community is doing well with what is has received from the Catholic Church. Namely the faith and trust in the Holy Spirit compelling you to do good works of faith.

Does that mean you are following the Holy Spirit when you reject Communion and Teaching through the Catholic Church?

You decide, and live your life. I dont want to be your judge, whether its to praise or criticize.

I want to be the Bride who with the Spirit says “Come!”

But i must keep my own garments clean FIRST, or i will be cut off from the Bride myself! I must listen and follow the Lord as I am directed!

And what a struggle it is! Not to earn His grace, but to rely on Him through this world and all its deception, temptation, trials and hurt!

This is an interesting need. How many sources of miracles are there?

Have you been able to do this with the plagues against Egypt?

Have you been able to confirm the source of any of Jesus’ miracles? What constitutes a confirmation?

I suppose that depends upon whether one decides they need to have physical “proof” in order to believe. If so, then God has "failed’ if it is not provided.

On the other hand, a person who has not seen, and yet believes, may be blessed!

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.”

I think that would depend upon one’s goals at the moment.

John 8:59 “So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.”

John 12:36 “While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” [ The Unbelief of the People ] When Jesus had said this, he departed and hid himself from them.”

This is a false dichotomy. It is not either/or. I am not sure what you mean by “faith memorial” but if you mean anamnesis then yes, it is that. It is also an act of praise and thanksgiving.

Yes, I think this is true. If one rejects what Scripture teaches about being in unity, not allowing divisions, dissensions and heresies, etc. then one can be at peace about denominations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.