Does God Desire that We Converse with Him?

I've been asked to discuss this topic for a class.

Are there places in the Bible where it is obvious that God desires for us to "tell" Him our thoughts? Our feelings? Our concerns?

This class is for people that are just barely coming into the Christian faith (prison ministry of sorts), so the simpler and more direct, the better.

Jesus listens to the woman at the well - but I'm not sure that demonstrates a his desire to listen to all of our thoughts. Jesus listens to the 70 return from their mission, but does that demonstrate his desire to listen to everyone?

I'm guessing that there are better examples, but I am drawing a blank...

Please help!
Thanks!

Not really sure about this subject from the Bible but Common Sence God wants us to come to Him with our Hearts and what is in them. God Bless!!!

Yes, God wants us to pray to him.
Here's just a few, and there are many many more.

Luke 11:1-13
Luke 18:1-14
Mt. 5:44
Mt.6:5-15
Mt. 7:7-11

[quote="georget, post:3, topic:336399"]
Yes, God wants us to pray to him.
Here's just a few, and there are many many more.

Luke 11:1-13
Luke 18:1-14
Mt. 5:44
Mt.6:5-15
Mt. 7:7-11

[/quote]

Yes, very nice - thank you very much!!!

I'll definitely use this (so know that your efforts are going to ripple outward in the current moment - and who knows how long after that if these folks do reconcile themselves to God!)

It is clear that we are encouraged to make requests and give thanks.

When I think about the commandment to love God, I would guess that He wants us to talk with Him about things that are not so much asking for graces (or thanking Him for those graces received).

Let's say that I have a great time teaching a class - I would guess that God would prefer that I take a moment and say, "Hey God, that was fun. I enjoyed XYZ. But, it was a little frustrating when ABC happened. Also, I was sad that DEF didn't happen the way I intended." In other words, I'm asking the question if God does not want us to converse with Him in the way that we would with another other person that we love in our own lives.

Thanks again!!!

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

Isaiah 43:26 Put me in remembrance, let us argue together; set forth your case, that you may be proved right.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.