Does God Give Grace To Everyone

do we all have a chance even if we are brought up my atheistic parents?

It doesn’t matter that you were brought up by atheist parents if you are Catholic now.
You are responsible for your own life.

Yes. It is a dogma of the faith that God give sufficient grace to every human being.

Hi!

…God’s Grace abounds on all:

[FONT=“Garamond”][size=]44 But I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: 45 That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust.

(St. Matthew 5:44-45)

19 For as by the disobedience of one man, many were made sinners; so also by the obedience of one, many shall be made just. 20 Now the law entered in, that sin might abound. And where sin abounded, grace did more abound. 21 That as sin hath reigned to death; so also grace might reign by justice unto life everlasting, through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 5:19-21)

6 For why did Christ, when as yet we were weak, according to the time, die for the ungodly? 7 For scarce for a just man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man some one would dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his charity towards us; because when as yet we were sinners, according to the time, 9 Christ died for us; (Romans 5:6-9a)

14 But if he in turn has a son who, in spite of seeing all the sins that his father has committed, does not imitate him, 15 does not eat on the mountains or raise his eyes to the idols of the House of Israel, does not seduce his neighbour’s wife, 16 oppresses no one, takes no pledges, never steals, gives his own bread to the hungry, clothes to the naked, 17 abstains from evil, does not charge usury or take interest, respects my observances and keeps my laws, he will not die is for his father’s sins, this son shall certainly live.

30 House of Israel, in future I mean to judge each of you by what he does – it is the Lord Yahweh who speaks. Repent, renounce all your sins, avoid all occasions of sin! 31 Shake off all the sins you have committed against me, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why are you so anxious to die, House of Israel? 32 I take no pleasure in the death of anyone – it is the Lord Yahweh who speaks. Repent and live! (Ezekiel 18:14-17, 30-32)
…all are Called to Salvation!

Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

That must be very hard.

“When I am lifted up, I will draw ALL MEN to myself”–Jesus The Messiah

Jesus died for all.

Excerpts taken from the following link.

"Scripture teaches that one’s final salvation depends on the state of the soul at death. As Jesus himself tells us, “He who endures to the end will be saved” (Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31–46). One who dies in the state of friendship with God (the state of grace) will go to heaven. The one who dies in a state of enmity and rebellion against God (the state of mortal sin) will go to hell.

[snip]

[FONT=arial]in one sense we are all redeemed by Christ’s death on the cross—Christians, Jews, Muslims, even animists in the darkest forests (1 Tim. 2:6, 4:10, 1 John 2:2)—but our individual appropriation of what Christ provided is contingent on our response.

[snip]

Certainly, Christ did die on the cross once for all and has entered into the holy place in heaven to appear before God on our behalf. Christ has abundantly provided for our salvation, but that does not mean that there is no process by which this is applied to us as individuals. Obviously, there is, or we would have been saved and justified from all eternity, with no need to repent or have faith or anything else… " [snip]
[/FONT]
From and for context: catholic.com/tract/assurance-of-salvation

Yes.

I. THE DESIRE FOR GOD

27 The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for:

The dignity of man rests above all on the fact that he is called to communion with God. This invitation to converse with God is addressed to man as soon as he comes into being. For if man exists it is because God has created him through love, and through love continues to hold him in existence. He cannot live fully according to truth unless he freely acknowledges that love and entrusts himself to his creator.1

28 In many ways, throughout history down to the present day, men have given expression to their quest for God in their religious beliefs and behavior: in their prayers, sacrifices, rituals, meditations, and so forth. These forms of religious expression, despite the ambiguities they often bring with them, are so universal that one may well call man a religious being:

From one ancestor [God] made all nations to inhabit the whole earth, and he allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps grope for him and find him - though indeed he is not far from each one of us. For "in him we live and move and have our being."2

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c1.htm

the evidence of God is clearly seen from the world around us and the very fact that we are living.

in addition to this fact, each person is given grace, and more grace is always available to those who seek it.

plus, we are judged based on what we do know and what we have seen. a person is not held fully accountable for believing and obeying truths which have not been revealed to them.

so yes, there is grace. abundant grace.

May I add

From the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church) for readers who might not pick up on that acronym.

Re: one’s conscience, and ignorance. We are all innocently ignorant of innumerable subjects. When it comes to matters of faith however, our conscience needs consistent work in its formation. As does our over all education. It’s a life long ever increasing process

1801 Conscience can remain in ignorance or make erroneous judgments. Such ignorance and errors are not always free of guilt.

1791 This ignorance can often be imputed to personal responsibility. This is the case when a man “takes little trouble to find out what is true and good, or when conscience is by degrees almost blinded through the habit of committing sin.” In such cases, the person is culpable for the evil he commits.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.