Does God hate man?

I heard a preacher say to youth that God hates man. Not God hate the sin of man, but that he hates man because man is evil. Please listen to the entire video.

[media1.sermonindex.net.s3.amazon … D16374.wmv](“http://media1.sermonindex.net.s3.amazon … D16374.wmv”)

God, after Creation, saw all was good; therefore He does not hate man. After the Flood, God promised not to destroy man. He sent Jesus so man may not live in sin, but be with Him in eternal life. God therefore does not hate man.

I tried to listen…but the link did not work…

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

It sure doesn’t sound like he hates us

I see to recall “God is love” being somewhere in the good book. I’m a father and I get upset with some of my kids choices, but I never hate them. God is prefect I’m sure he dislikes some of our choices, but I don’t think he has ever hated us.

Those poor young people :crossrc: … way to warp their minds :bigyikes:

A Catholic convert that prefviously believed this way in her church of Christ beleif, is discussing this with a former COCer who is now part of that faith…what ever it is. You are all answering like I would. I was hoping to see what some of the non-Catholics believed here.

coctocatholic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=961&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Vicious nonsense. I’ll stick with the BCP:

Almighty and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made and doest forgive the sins of all those who are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Edwin

This one has troubled me I see these scriptures and wonder if it is the desire of some mislead theologians to promote their universal salvation ideology, because Gods word seems pretty straight up…Here are some scriptures to contemplate…
bible.oremus.org/?ql=77714177
Psalm 5:5
The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
** you hate all evildoers**.

Psalm 11:
5The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked,
and his soul hates the lover of violence.

Lev. 20:23,23You shall not follow the practices of the nation that I am driving out before you. Because they did all these things,** I abhorred them. **

Prov. 6:16-19,
16There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that hurry to run to evil,
19a** lying witness who testifies falsely**,
and one who sows discord in a family.

Hosea 9:15,
15Every evil of theirs began at Gilgal;
there I came to hate them.
Because of the wickedness of their deeds
I will drive them out of my house.
I will love them no more;
all their officials are rebels.

I rather would be a agnostic than having that nonsense view of God

God IS

There is verses in the Bible that says that, there is no need to point them out, what is important is to understand God’s most Holy attributes :

• God IS…without changes or abrogations, or anything else
  • God as a pure and perfect loving Spirit of light can’t do any sin

God doesn’t throw any man to Hell, is against His nature of a Loving Spirit

This can be understood this way :

• Look to the sun…so bright…heavily bright

If you don’t have the correct protecting glasses you can’t look to the sun directly, otherwise you will be blinded forever

• after death

the man can’t face or support the Heavily Holy Spirit of Light of God, the burn over the soul is overwhelming, His presence is universal, everywhere

The soul then runs away of that light … to the darkness, as like we turn aside from the sun to the shadows when we have no glasses

The Hell is nothing more or less than a place WITHOUT GOD, i.e., without the presence of that overwhelming light

You can see the Love of God even in Hell existence, because was He who created that site of shadow, a place where the cursed souls can run and hide from that “burning sun”

It is not God that launches man into hell, but we

Did she say that the Church of Christ taught this? This would surprise me mightily. They don’t even believe in original sin. Note that the person who is defending this view is (as you note) not CoC anymore. Generally this view is maintained by fundamentalist Baptists, particularly the Primitive Baptists who are both fundamentalists and extreme Calvinists–a very scary combination!

Edwin

This was what she said. She struggled with it for years. She was literally afraid of God.

I used to attend a Southern Baptist church. They were quite a trip too, naming names and sins form the podium. Very sad…scandalous. I’ve seen many leave that congregation and ironically my step family return after all those years away. Strange.

Last year I was coming back home to the Church and asked our pastor about Acts 5:1-12 The church of Christ engrained this same fear in me after practicing it for so many years with my wife. I’ve never heard an attempt at answering it. I warned that many non-Catholics from our background would bring this up and I wanted to be prepared to answer with a good answer. Still working on it.

i think if god hated man he would have annihilated him a long long time ago but NOPE!!! he didnt instead he sent his son to save us from our slavery

Acts 5:1-2 (Ananias and Sapphira) is not about God hating man. It is about God hating lies. The two presented their offering at the feet of the apostles as if it were a 100% intact gift to God, but secretly set aside a portion for their own benefit. Although scripture is silent to the reaction to their generous-seeming gift, we might imagine that they were praised, publicly or privately, for their example and generosity. Yet they committed a sin reminscient of Judas Iscariot. They skimmed from the offering.

When the truth became known they persisted in their lies before the duly appointed earthly successor to Jesus Christ, Simon Peter himself. Peter had been given the right to bind and loose, on earth and in heaven. Lying to God was a second and far more serious sin.

Mark 3:28-29 “Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies that people utter will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an everlasting sin.”

Had they been honest about the content of their gift in the first place, there would have been no sin. Had they admitted their wrongdoing they could have asked for forgiveness. They did neither.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.