Does God hate the Pope and fags?

Michigan was treated to another visit from a group of women from a so-called Baptist church (Westboro Baptist, Topeka KS) who came to protest at a Catholic funeral of a soldier who recently died of his wounds. Protesters bore signs saying things such as: The Pope is a Fag, I hate America, and God hates Fags. See a report here:

breitbart.com/news/2006/…4.pgrezzqi.html

What better evidence does anyone need that the Magisterium is there for a reason: to rein in enthusiasms and errant so-called prophets (and profits) like the Rev. Fred Phelps. This Phelps is considered a psycho-path and a loony by legitimate Baptists. But doesn’t he take the idea of personal exegesis of the Bible (a Protestant tenet) to its logical terminus?

His church is anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic, anti-black, anti-gay, and anti- anything Mr Phelps doesn’t happen to like. Some of these sentiments are echoed not only by white supremacists, but with nodding recognition of many Protestants. If only the Protestants could have their own Reformation and subject themselves and their churches to an examination of conscience, perhaps Catholics might be more willing to accept Protestants (especially fundamentalists) as partners in addressing the downward spiral the West, and the US, seems destined to follow.

“Advice is like snow – the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.”

You know…I disagree with a lot of people on this board about a lot of things…but I think we can be relatively certain that “hate” is not a word in God’s vocabulary.

[quote=frommi]You know…I disagree with a lot of people on this board about a lot of things…but I think we can be relatively certain that “hate” is not a word in God’s vocabulary.
[/quote]

Actually, there are numerous places in Scripture where “God hates…” :stuck_out_tongue:

This is already being discussed here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=102951

I’m sorry, but one thread at the time on these people is about all I can stand. Thread closed.

Walt

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.