Does God judge everyone using the same criteria?

Can you see how you mix things up?:

2:24 This is why a man leaves his father and mother and joins himself to his wife, and they become one body. (Genesis)

What you are crediting to Adam is a narrative; Adam did not say that.

Yet, since you want your argument to succeed you make the connections that you need to make it so.

Maran atha!

Angel

It says quite clearly in the previous verse, ‘Adam said’ followed by two sentences connected with ‘therefore’ in the present tense. That doesn’t change until the last verse of Genesis 2 when the topic subject changes to ‘They’ and the tense reverts to the past.

So of course Adam said it.

Example:

I said, Let’s go to the park.

The park is the best place to let the dogs run.

The others agreed.

Is ‘The park is the best place to let the dogs run.’ a universal truth?

No, just opinion. Consensus or majority vote does not a universal truth make.

Things like favorite color, favorite food, etc are all opinions.

Here is the RULE for Eternal Life

God will, because as GOD He must pass final Judgment upon each soul based upon what He GOD has made possible for each soul to know, accept and live.

Mt. 25: 27-29 “Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. … For to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away"

It will NOT be our the personal preferences that WE choose for ANY reason[s]

God Bless you,
Patrick

The full passage and more

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” 19 Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. 25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

There’s a chance he’s a troll or punctuation doesn’t exist in his world.

Hi, Justin!

I cannot disagree with you more:

1:15 John appears as his witness. He proclaims: ‘This is the one of whom I said: He who comes after me ranks before me because he existed before me’. 1:16 Indeed, from his fullness we have, all of us, received – yes, grace in return for grace, 1:17 since, though the Law was given through Moses, grace and truth have come through Jesus Christ. (St. John)

…by your inference, there’s only one speaking/actor on the passage above, correct?

Please, take into account the grammatical element used (""); this denotes a different speaker, thought, actor.

Here’s the correction your example needs:

I said (narrator)
Let’s go to the park. The park is the best place to let the dogs run. (the narrator as the speaker–story teller, but quoting him/herself)
Is the park the best place to let the dogs run a universal truth? (again, the narrator as the story teller, not quoting him/herself but posting an interrogative)

Hope this helps.

Maran atha!

Angel

The more complete and excellent your knowledge, the more severe will be God’s judgement on you, unless your life be the more holy. Therefore, do not be conceited of any skill or knowledge you may possess, but respect the knowledge that is entrusted to you.
–The Imitation of Christ

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.