Does God know what happens to someone before they are born?

Would God know what happens to us before we are born?

1 Like

Yes. Everything until the end of time. Since before the beginning of time.

But then why would HE create a child who would (heaven forbid) die from an abortion?

Isaiah 49:15-17

This text will be blurred

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Romans 8:28

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”

1 Like

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-problem-of-evil

Great Article :grin:

2 Likes

God made us in His image. Because of this we have freedom like He has freedom. We are free to sin.

Because of this, we ask God to not lead us into temptation but deliver from sin.

The Holy Spirit may, on occasion, give us an impulse or stronger inspiration leading us away from sin. But we are not taken our God given freedom.

It is to God’s glory that we repent and convert, that He forgive us and love us. That we have freedom. It is to God’s glory that we seek Him and conform our freedom to His will for us.

1 Like

God is the Creator of the Universe, of everything and in so being He knows EVERYTHING!

1 Like

Because God does not experience Time (He created it, He is not bound to it) and because every life, no matter how long or short, rich or poor, ‘useful or useless’ etc is precious to Him and for which He will have an ultimate purpose which is good and holy. We’re like characters in a story that an author has written up to a point where something terrible has happened and we are stopped short not knowing the end.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.