Does God look over those who are not spiritual?

My husband and friend have betrayed me…they had an affair. I want to believe I have forgiving my husband…since I see how he is holding on to God now more than ever. (Thanks be to God)

She however…is denying the affair. After all the help we gave her (watching her kids, etc.) She has the courage to call my husband a lier! Now I am hurting…hating her for stealing my peace, because she refuses to applogize. I want to forgive her…but how can I when she does not admit to it.

I tried telling her that she needs to be honest…not only for me but for herself. So that she can get over this and not live in guilt. Her response was…there is no guilt or hurt on her part because she is not spiritual, and nothing happend.

Now will God look over her even though she does not rely on Him? At times I pray that God touch her heart. So she can feel the turmoil she cause. At times I wish her the worst. (I really am tring to act as God would.

Will she ever be touched by God?

((((((((((erazo))))))))))

I’m sorry you’re in such a horrible situation. :frowning: My advice would be this:

1. Focus on your husband and marriage first.
  2. At least for now, have no contact with your friend (so you can do #1).
  3. Pray, pray, pray for your marriage, for your friend, for yourself.

Just because she doesn’t have a relationship with God now doesn’t mean she won’t ever. Pray for her, but for the sake of your marriage, I’d cut off contact.

Unfortunately, her admission or denial has nothing to do with whether you should forgive her. :frowning: I too am having a hard time forgiving a “friend” for having an abortion. :crying: :mad: But whether our “friends” ever admit their wrongdoing or not, we must strive to forgive them. I always confess my failure to forgive because it is a failure of mine – and I believe the grace I receive in confession is helping me to get closer to being able to forgive her.

I hope this helps a little. See you in the St. Monica thread. :hug1:

I will pray for your friend. God can touch the hardest of hearts. Work mostly on your relationship with your husband; you have a commitment to him. You don’t necessarily have a bond to your friend. In fact, if your husband has had an affair with her, you should probably decide that neither of you should see her any more. It isn’t revenge or giving up hope, just resisting the devil and fleeing from temptation.

Your friend admitting her guilt shouldn’t be a pre-requisite for your forgiveness, but it’s hard to do! Pray for God’s forgiveness to come to your heart. God often provides what we need when ours has totally run out.

RubyWannabe

Does God look over those who are not spirtual? Yes, otherwise, they could never find their way back to him. St. Augustine explains:

Self-Knowledge

I have learnt to love you late, Beauty at once so ancient and so new! I have learnt to love you late! You were within me, and I was in the world outside myself. I searched for you outside myself and, disfigured as I was, I fell upon the lovely things of your creation. You were with me but I was not with you. The beautiful things of this world kept me from you and yet, if they had not been in you, they would have no being at all. You called me; You cried aloud to me; You broke the barrier of my deafness. I tasted you and now I hunger and thirst for you. You touched me and I am inflamed, inflamed with love of your peace.
Confessions X, 27

When I have trouble forgiving, I think of the Lord’s Prayer, and what scripture says about how our unforgiveness for others can hinder our forgiveness from God. I too have someone in my life that I struggle with forgiveness over, someone who hurt me very much, and I feel caused me so much stress in my life that it may have caused me to miscarried our baby. (and no it wasn’t my husband, which it another story to itself) When I think an angry thought about this person, I quickly dismiss it and move on. Hate only hurts us! Pray for her and pray for forgiveness for her, but that is all you can do at this point.

This woman is not your friend whatever you may have thought. She is no longer to be part of your life. Keep yourself, your husband and the rest of the family away from her.
You and your husband need family counseling.
Forgiveness does not involve forgetting. In cases like this you dare not forget. Continued association with this woman is unwise and places your family in jeopardy.
Get the professional help you need and don’t look back.

Matthew

Does God look over those who are not spiritual…YES!

For the sun of God shines on the good and the bad! His rain falls upon the good and the bad also.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.