Does God promise to provide resources for a vocation?

If God calls someone to a vocation, does God promise to provide resources to make sure that vocation is carried out?

I’m married with a wife and child depending on me. I’m unemployed. God has not provided me a job and I’m looking at [BIBLEDRB]1 timothy 5:8[/BIBLEDRB]

I do not want to be an apostate according to that verse.

**God promises all that He will call each of us to one vocation. It is up to us and our free will to respond. God provides the call - the resouces we listen to are up to us.

God will never interfere with ones free will...if HE calls and one does not answer for whatever reason HE respects that.

Resources are earthly....a vocation is eternal. One needs to be more aware of the eternal call without the earthly signs. May the earthly signs be there - YES. Can one expect that - NO.

What is most important? Prayer and silence.**

[quote="BobCatholic, post:1, topic:292635"]
If God calls someone to a vocation, does God promise to provide resources to make sure that vocation is carried out?

I'm married with a wife and child depending on me. I'm unemployed. God has not provided me a job and I'm looking at [BIBLEDRB]1 timothy 5:8[/BIBLEDRB]

I do not want to be an apostate according to that verse.

[/quote]

If you had no control over the circumstances, then you're not apostate. It's taking a lot longer to find jobs, and most ppl are "giggin"--taking short-term jobs because the long-term jobs just aren't there.

I ask St Joseph and St Cajetan to both pray for you. A friend of ours said on her facebook that she wasn't able to attend a Christian college because she didn't have $60,000 for tuition. An anonymous check showed up for the exact amount. God will provide, but you must be actively seeking.

Blessings,
Cloisters

Bob,

I can tell this is bothering you a lot. Let me tell you a story about my Dad. My mother was pregnant with number 4 (me). They didn't have a pot to **** in and my Dad got fired two days before Christmas and not a single present had been bought.

My Dad got on his knees and prayed a novena to St. Joseph. He only knew how to do one thing, construction. He took inventory of what he had which was a house and it had a little bit of equity, not much. He borrowed money and mortgaged the rest of his house to buy equipment. Next, he prayed for work. He miraculously got a phone call asking him to do some work. It was a big job and he needed a crew. He thought he was going to have to turn down the job when he heard a knock on the door. Standing in his doorway were a few men and they asked my Dad if he needed a crew to work for him because they had just walked in on their boss with his gay lover and were uncomfortable working for him anymore. My Dad was so surprised! He said, Yes and that was how he started his business. This business provided for the family for the next twenty years.

So, don't lose hope! Find the 30 day novena to St. Joseph and start praying.

[quote="jmjconder, post:2, topic:292635"]
God provides the call - the resouces we listen to are up to us.

[/quote]

So basically speaking, we are on our own until the afterlife then. God has no obligation either moral or out of love, to provide.

[quote="Cloisters, post:3, topic:292635"]
God will provide, but you must be actively seeking.

Blessings,
Cloisters

[/quote]

I am actively seeking. God doesn't want to provide.

[quote="Lady_Love, post:4, topic:292635"]

So, don't lose hope! Find the 30 day novena to St. Joseph and start praying.

[/quote]

I've been praying for over 2 years to get a job. God said no. Can this novena work even if it is not God's will for me to ever get a job again?

I remember an old adage “God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”

Guess that adage is false.

BobCatholic,

No one ever woke up one morning and found themselves an apostate. God does not make a man so, nor does a man come upon it in ignorance. It is a free choice to break wholly with the Church, and that cannot be done without your full knowledge and consent.

St. Paul spoke of those who willingly abandoned their duty, not those who staggered under the weight of their crosses.

So take heart. God understands your problems. Believe that and keep trying. My prayers go with you.

God love you,
sandomenico

BobCatholic, I will be praying for you. Remember that you have to be in a state of grace, and I would also advise you to say, "Spirit of despair and anger, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ." Then pray some more.

To BobCatholic just remember,
If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.**

– Author Unknown

Also, turn to Scripture. Some of the Saints and people in there went through very hard times. I am part of a group in my diocese that take turns writing blog entries. My recent blog entry was on St. Martha of Bethany. When going through difficult times, reading about what she went through in the Bible helped me to get through it. Here’s a link to my post: greensburgcatholicscouting.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/st-martha-of-bethany/

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.