Does God turn bad situation into good one?

Hi all,

Thanks for praying for me. I am currently experiencing some tough times.
I feel my soul so bitter that I don’t even know how to explain to others.

Anyway, I have a question. Does anyone has a experience that God turns
his/her bad situation around to good one?

Thanks

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8;28

Yes, God takes the "bad’ things that happen in our lives and turns them into “good” things.
May Jesus lighten your load. In the name of Jesus Christ.

Yes, very many, very many. My life was a sea of storms after storms. How i got alive from there and I am here, I think only god knows.

Better said than done !!! : learn how to relax in the middle of the storm, like Jesus was sleeping in the middle of the storm when the Apostles woke Him and said: “lord, we ar going to sink!”. And He said: “Men of little faith!” And then he calmed down the sea.

Now, I know what it is to be in a storm, I do not not say: do this, do that, because preaching is easy suffering is difficult.

I have heard last week this saying that I found amusing: “If you are in hell, go ahead!”. What can you do? You do not have the power to calm the problems and storms of life. so, go ahead …

You are doing well, ok. You can do it!!

Joseph, my constant burden is that I am bipolar. I just returned to the church 2 1/2 yrs
ago after a 45 yr absence. God has shown me much mercy that I didn’t deserve.
I try to show the same mercy towards others but I often fail miserably. All I can do
is thank God for His love and Mercy.

Sometimes suffering a cross or crosses may be what we need for our salvation

im sure all sorts of different crosses and sufferings may be bitter to bear

the humble and difficult way to bear these things is to unite them with Jesus and his own sufferings on his cross

if we are sick physically we usually take some bitter medicene to make us get better

when we suffer spiritually and suffer a cross it may be that Christ is sending us some bitter medicene for our souls to help us unite more with him in his sufferings so he can ultimately bring us to Salvation

so dont despair but see that the Lord loves you and may be sending you some blessings, with you hopefully remaining and becoming more faithful and loving to him

as in the end ,Christ will turn our sufferings into Glory

God Bless:)

Yes. But it was subtle…
I was living firmly in a situation of mortal sin but through that situation I came to know and marry my wife who is the best thing that ever happened to me in my life.
Some years later, she became ill with Alzheimer’s disease and through the urging of my Godfather and the help of a deacon she and I were able to return to the sacraments.
Now - By God’s grace I have strength to care for my beautiful wife as we move forward in confidence even though we bear the cross of suffering.

Often times the process of turning a bad experience into a good one is largely a matter of our learning what God wants us to learn. This is what I am discovering in my journey as a caregiver.
My past is littered with poor and selfish decisions, anger and fear. Today, in our “bad situation”, it would be easy fro me to despair but in truth, my wife is protected from further sin by the shroud of dementia, and I am learning great and important lessons about myself, about my faith and my relationship to God.
I am learning more about Love, humility, forbearance, patience, and my total reliance on God than I think I could have ever learned if my dear lady were healthy.

Yes, God can definitely turn bad situations to good for these bad situations many be nothing more than tests by which we learn, or chastisements to help us to correct our course. We learn these things if we are open to God’s grace and His voice and we look to His Love for us.

Peace
James

I totally agree with James. After finishing writing my post, I prayed to God
for peace and he sent me consolation immediately.

Although my situation (I mean physical) hasn’t changed yet, I notice that
God has sent me so many graces when I looked back my past few years.
Recently I keep asking myself questions like these, “What did I deserve all
these graces?”, “Why does God choose me?”

Anyway, I want to finish this message (not this post) by the following
meditation I obtained from Silent Insight- Daily Catholic meditation:

The Bike Ride

At first I saw God as my observer, my judge, keeping track of the things I did wrong, so as to know whether I merited Heaven or Hell when I die. He was out there sort of like the President. I recognized His picture when I saw it, but I didn’t really know Him.

But later on when I recognized my Higher Power, it seemed as though life was rather like a bike ride; but it was a tandem bike, and I noticed that God was in the back helping me pedal. I don’t know just when it was that He suggested we change places, but life has not been the same since . . . life with my Higher Power, that is. God makes life exciting.

When I had control, I knew the way. It was rather boring, but predictable. It was the shortest distance between two points. But when He took the lead, He knew delightful long cuts, up mountains, and through rocky places and at breakneck speeds. It was all I could do to hang on! Even though it looked like madness, He said, “Pedal!”

I worried and was anxious and asked, “Where are You taking me?” He laughed and didn’t answer, and I started to trust. I forgot my boring life and entered into the adventure; and when I’d say, "I’m scared, " He’d lean back and touch my hand. He took me to people with gifts that I needed, gifts of healing, acceptance, and joy. They gave me their gifts to take on my journey; our journey, God’s and mine.

And we were off again. He said, “Give the gifts away. They’re extra baggage, too much weight.” So I did, to the people we met, and I found that in giving I received, and still our burden was light.

I did not trust Him at first, in control of my life. I thought he’d wreck it. But He knew bike secrets, knew how to make it bend to take sharp corners, jump to clear high places filled with rocks, fly to shorten scary passages.

And I’m learning to shut up and pedal in the strangest places, and I’m beginning to enjoy the view and the cool breeze on my face with my delightful constant companion, my Higher Power.

And when I’m sure I can’t do any more, He just smiles and says, “PEDAL!”

The meditation above accurately describe my spiritual journey with Jesus.

Praying for you.

Lord, you work everything for the good of those who love you and do your will. Help Joseph to know that you permit evil only to bring out a greater good from it - otherwise you would not permit any evil. May he pray for the graces, strength and peace he needs to carry his cross courageously, patiently, and lovingly. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.