Does Jesus give all people enough grace to be Catholic?

Hi,

Does Jesus give all people enough grace to be Catholic? I also guess it depends on where a person lives and even if they have heard the Gospel or have a Catholic Church in their area.

Merry Christ-mas,
Brian

I would not phrase it that way. The person must first have a desire to find the truth, and that is much rarer than you would imagine.

I've been on quite a few "Christian" forums and have noticed several recurring themes,
the lack of curiosity about doctrine, lack of desire to know what is good doctrine, the habit of dismissing out of hand any dogma that is different than that which is familiar.

Protestants will often rabidly denigrate Catholic doctrine without actually having a clue what Catholic doctrine on the subject is.

If a person were to dutifully study the Bible and study Christian history, he could not help but become Roman Catholic (or Eastern Orthodox if he lived in that part of the world).

I would say , if they do not accept the whole Truth before their end it will happen for them in the State we call Purgatory whether they believe in that State or not.

All God's children will be Catholic in heaven.:) Peace, Carlan

[quote="GodHeals, post:1, topic:309530"]
Hi,

Does Jesus give all people enough grace to be Catholic? I also guess it depends on where a person lives and even if they have heard the Gospel or have a Catholic Church in their area.

Merry Christ-mas,
Brian

[/quote]

Everyone has a thirst for the truth whether that individual finds that Truth through faith, hope, love or another virtue, reason, accident, or ignorance. God in His Love probably pursues that sinner even in rejection.

That is why there is always Hope in the world because God chose to become a brother to people.

Merry Christmas
God bless

[quote="aragonjohn1, post:4, topic:309530"]
Everyone has a thirst for the truth whether that individual finds that Truth through faith, hope, love or another virtue, reason, accident, or ignorance. God in His Love probably pursues that sinner even in rejection.

That is why there is always Hope in the world because God chose to become a brother to people.

Merry Christmas
God bless

[/quote]

Yes , I love what you say and I believe it.:)Peace, Carlan

[quote="GodHeals, post:1, topic:309530"]
Hi,

Merry Christ-mas,
Brian

[/quote]

It may not be possible for all people to have the privilege of being a Catholic, but rest assured that Jesus will give everyone the grace needed to enter heaven, by whatever road they travel in life.

St. Thomas Aquinas argued in De Veritate (Q. 14, A. 11, ad 1) that God grants the possibility of salvation to all:

Granted that everyone is bound to believe something explicitly, no untenable conclusion follows even if someone is brought up in the forest or among wild beasts. For it pertains to divine providence to furnish everyone with what is necessary for salvation, provided that on his part there is no hindrance. Thus, if someone so brought up followed the direction of natural reason in seeking good and avoiding evil, we must most certainly hold that God would either reveal to him through internal inspiration what had to be believed, or would send some preacher of the faith to him as he sent Peter to Cornelius (Acts 10:20).

'All graces given to those outside the Church are given them for the purpose of bringing them inside the Church.'

St. Augustine

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.