Does Jesus have his crucifixion wounds in Heaven

He resurrected with wounds but does he still have them in Heaven?

:heaven:

I believe so. He is an ever present offering to the Father. Also, I have heard some stories of people who died and went to heaven and saw him like that.

I think, so, too, because he asked Thomas to put his finger in the nail holes and hand into his side after the resurrection.

I believe so, because He ascended into Heaven both Body and Soul. Obviously, there is no pain or anything like that, but Jesus still has the wounds in His hands, side, and feet as a constant reminder of His Most Holy Sacrifice.

Merry Christmas!

He intercedes for us in the Eternal Present of heaven as the slain lamb, so yes He would still bear the marks. I expect after the Second Coming and Final Judgement He will lose them.

We have to be fair here in that Heaven is such a mystery it’s hard to say how we will fully perceive things. Yes, Jesus did show the holes in His hands to Thomas, but when we see Him in a Heavenly dwelling perhaps we will be able to comprehend Him. However, now I think it would be impossible, I can’t imagine what this truly looked like to John:

Rev 5:6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in { Some manuscripts b sprinkled with b } blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

Of course Revelation is filled with this sort of symbolism but it only shows that we can’t be entirely sure what Heaven will look like to us. Likely we’ll be able to comprehend what we see, but unlikely would we be able to put it into words here on Earth. John did his best.

Theoretically speaking, he can, but this does not mean that he does.

Jesus did not always appear in the same physical form after his resurrection. The accounts often have people mistaking him for strangers. (John 20:15; Luke 24:13-30) In fact, it was not until he said something or made a gesture that was familiar to those he appeared to that he was recognized.–John 20:16; Luke 24:30-31, 35.

It seems he even once looked so different but acted so much like Jesus that the apostles tried to act as if nothing was going on. (John 21:1-12) It appears that only when people were struck with disbelief did Jesus appear in a recognizable form and with the scars of his Passion.–Luke 24:39; John 20:24-29.

The glorified body of our Lord is not limited by time and space. Jesus was able to visit with the disciples on the road to Emmaus and either instantaneously afterward or simultaneously appear to St. Peter. (Luke 24:31-35) He could also suddenly appear out of thin air in a way usually attributed to a ghostly apparition.–Luke 24:36-27; John 20:26.

Jesus could appear in any form he liked. He even appeared with different forms of clothing since he could be mistaken for a gardener or a traveling stranger despite the fact that his clothes were taken from him at his crucifixion.

What the glorified body of Jesus looks like obviously depends on the situation, the needs and limits of those our Lord appears to, etc. We can only say for certain that it is not limited in any way–not limited to having the marks of his Passion always or never at all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.