Does Looking to Mary Take Us Away from Jesus? An Article

catholicbridge.com/catholic/mary_do_catholics_pray_to_her.php#magnificat

No not at all. Looking to the apostles and studying what they wrote does not take us away from Jesus. :shrug: Asking friends to pray for you does not take us away from Jesus. So why would looking at Mary and asking Mary to intercede for us take us away from Jesus?

The article brings up a point that I’ve brought up before.

If we, as the Church, are the Bride of Christ, wouldn’t you feel closer to your spouse if you got to know their parents? We already know we should get closer to Christ’s Father (i.e. God the Father), but what about Christ’s mother? or his earthly father? Why wouldn’t we want to get to know them as well? Wouldn’t that help bring us closer to our Bridegroom? I think yes.

On the contrary!Looking at Mary instead leads us to Jesus.
If you get to pray the rosary often you’ll understand this.:slight_smile:

I think yes as well. Throughout the ages, the Saints have shown us how devotion to Mary can lead us closer to Jesus…I’ve always loved this quote;

***“Do not be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her enough. And Jesus will be very happy, because the Blessed Virgin is His Mother.”~St. Therese of Lisieux ***

Peace, Mark

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.