Does my Agnostic fiance have to become Catholic so we can get married in the Church?

I need some advice on what to do. Here goes my situation. I’m a catholic, i have not completed all the Sacraments but am enrolling in classes in september to complete my first communion and confirmation. My fiancee has not been baptized in any religion and does not share my catholic faith, as he is agnostic. We have talked about this in length. We are planning to get married this November and I wanted to have the ceremony at my church. I spoke with the sister/nun and she stated the classes will be completed in time. However, she indicated he had to be baptized and join the classes with me and become catholic.Is this right?? I understood that their is a way to have interfaith marriages with the permission of the bishop. Completing a form (dispensation). He is in the military and will be away from may to october. I would really want to get married in my church it would mean so much to me but I’m not sure what i should do.We are very much in love and he has agreed to marry me in my church but he does not want to become a catholic (because it’s a requirement). Your response will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Vanessa1,

The following link links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching . If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Is interfaith marriage advisable?

Should I marry a man of a different religion?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.