Does New Age belong in Catholic Schools?

My 8th grade daughter came home from Catholic school telling me that in ‘Seminar’ they filled out the following surveys: “Multiple Intelligences Survey” (1999 Walter McKenzie, The One and Only Surfaquarium & Dr. Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences), “What Color is Your Temperament" and “Body-Mind Survey” (mental, behavioral, physical, athletic profiles identifying Vata, Pitta and Kapha Mind-Body Type). Two weeks ago, I was informed, by her teacher, that the first few weeks of Seminar, teachers would be helping the students with developing solid study skills. However, after reading these surveys and seeing the Ayurveda (energy forces) link, I’m questioning what purpose these items have in a Catholic school. Would you please shed some light on the Church’s teachings regarding topics from the above-mentioned? Thank you.

The following links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church’s teaching on various New Age practices. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Learn to Discern: Christian or New Age?
*]Do labyrinths belong in Catholicism?
*]Can Catholics engage in Centering Prayer?
*]Is Yoga contrary to our faith?
*]Can Catholics practice yoga?
*]Use of the Enneagram
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.